2011 - 2016 Honda CR-Z
The Honda CR-Z is a two-door hybrid sports car that was introduced by Honda in 2010. The car was designed as a modern interpretation of the classic Honda CR-X, and it features a sleek and futuristic design, with a low-slung roofline and a wide stance.
Under the hood, the CR-Z is powered by a hybrid drivetrain that consists of a 1.5-liter four-cylinder engine and an electric motor. The engine produces 122 horsepower and 123 lb-ft of torque, while the electric motor adds an additional 13 horsepower and 58 lb-ft of torque. The car is also equipped with a regenerative braking system, which helps to recharge the battery pack when the car is decelerating or braking.
The CR-Z is available with either a six-speed manual transmission or a continuously variable transmission (CVT), and it is capable of achieving up to 36 mpg in the city and 39 mpg on the highway. The car also comes with a range of features and options, including a touchscreen infotainment system, a premium audio system, and a host of safety features such as driver and passenger airbags, electronic stability control, and a backup camera.
2011 - 2016 Honda CR-Z Price Range
The price range of 2011 - 2016 Honda CR-Z based on Honda CR-Z listings for sale on Ace1Auto website is: $7,999 – $19,853. This range is based on the dealer prices and MSRP of new and used Honda CR-Z models from various trim levels, colors, and options. The average price of a Honda CR-Z near you is $13,221. The Honda CR-Z is a two-seater hybrid sports car.
2011 - 2016 Honda CR-Z Price Range: $7,999 to $19,853
Explore 2011 - 2016 Honda CR-Z listed for sale near you on Ace1Auto.
Models, Generations, Redesigns
Honda CR-Z is a compact hybrid sports car that has undergone several changes and updates throughout its production. Here are the different models, generations, and redesigns of the Honda CR-Z:
First Generation (2010-2016):
- The first-generation Honda CR-Z was introduced in 2010 as a two-seater hybrid sports car.
- It featured a 1.5-liter inline-four engine paired with an electric motor, providing a combined power output of 122 horsepower.
- The CR-Z came with a 6-speed manual transmission or an optional continuously variable transmission (CVT).
- It had three driving modes: Sport, Normal, and Econ, allowing the driver to choose between performance and fuel efficiency.
- Exterior design elements included a sloping roofline, aggressive front grille, and a distinctive tailgate design.
- In 2013, the Honda CR-Z received a mid-cycle facelift.
- The front bumper, grille, and headlights were updated, giving the car a sportier appearance.
- The powertrain remained unchanged, but improvements were made to the suspension for better handling.
Second Generation (2016-present):
- The second-generation Honda CR-Z was introduced in 2016.
- It featured a redesigned front grille and headlights, giving it a more modern and aggressive look.
- The powertrain options were updated, with a new 1.5-liter turbocharged engine and a more powerful electric motor, producing a combined power output of 201 horsepower.
- The second-generation CR-Z came with a 7-speed dual-clutch transmission.
- Other updates included improved fuel efficiency, a larger infotainment system, and advanced safety features.
2021 Redesign (Concept):
- Honda showcased a CR-Z concept at the Tokyo Auto Salon in 2020, hinting at a possible redesign.
- The concept featured a more streamlined and aerodynamic design, with sharper lines and a lower stance.
- It is speculated that the next-generation CR-Z might shift towards a fully electric powertrain, aligning with Honda's vision for an electric future.
It's important to note that while some of the mentioned redesigns and concepts have been showcased, their production and availability in the market may vary.
Honda CR-Z Price Range By Years
Honda CR-Z Gallery
Engine, Transmission, and Performance
The Honda CR-Z was a compact hybrid sports car produced by Honda from 2010 to 2016.
The Honda CR-Z was equipped with a 1.5-liter four-cylinder engine, combined with an electric motor. The gasoline engine produced 106 horsepower and 103 lb-ft of torque, while the electric motor added an additional 15 horsepower and 58 lb-ft of torque. The total combined output was 122 horsepower.
The Honda CR-Z offered two transmission options – a six-speed manual or a continuously variable transmission (CVT).
The Honda CR-Z's performance was best suited for city driving and light-duty commuting. The car was designed to be fuel-efficient rather than a high-performance sports car. Its electric motor provided instant torque, which made it feel quicker around town than its horsepower numbers would suggest. The CR-Z's suspension and steering were also designed to offer a sporty feel and responsive handling.
The Honda CR-Z with a manual transmission could reach 0-60 mph in around 8.4 seconds, while the CVT version took around 9.6 seconds.
The Honda CR-Z's fuel economy was one of its biggest selling points, achieving 36 mpg in combined city/highway driving with the CVT version, and 31 mpg with the manual transmission.
Fuel Economy, True MPG
The fuel economy (MPG) of Honda CR-Z varies depending on the year, trim level, and transmission type.
For the 2021 model year, the Honda CR-Z has an estimated MPG of 36 in the city and 39 on the highway for the LX trim with a manual transmission. The EX trim with a CVT transmission has an estimated MPG of 36 in the city and 38 on the highway.
For previous model years, the fuel economy varies as follows:
- 2020 Honda CR-Z: 36 city/39 hwy MPG (LX manual), 36 city/38 hwy MPG (EX CVT)
- 2019 Honda CR-Z: 36 city/39 hwy MPG (LX manual), 36 city/38 hwy MPG (EX CVT)
- 2018 Honda CR-Z: 31 city/36 hwy MPG (manual), 36 city/39 hwy MPG (CVT)
- 2017 Honda CR-Z: 31 city/36 hwy MPG (manual), 36 city/39 hwy MPG (CVT)
- 2016 Honda CR-Z: 36 city/39 hwy MPG (manual), 35 city/39 hwy MPG (CVT)
- 2015 Honda CR-Z: 31 city/38 hwy MPG (manual), 36 city/39 hwy MPG (CVT)
Interior, Exterior, Comfort
The Honda CR-Z is a stylish and sporty two-door hybrid coupe that was produced from 2010 to 2016. The vehicle is known for its sleek, aerodynamic design and nimble handling on the road. In terms of interior and exterior features, the CR-Z offers a number of amenities designed for both comfort and convenience.
- The Honda CR-Z includes a spacious and well-designed cabin with plenty of legroom and headroom for passengers
- The driver's seat is adjustable, allowing for a comfortable driving position
- The vehicle features a high-tech dashboard with a digital speedometer, trip computer, and climate control system
- The CR-Z comes equipped with standard features like power windows, locks, and mirrors, as well as automatic climate control and a tilt/telescoping steering wheel
- The car offers a six-speaker audio system with a CD player and MP3/iPod interface
- The CR-Z also includes several safety features such as anti-lock brakes, traction control, and stability control, as well as front and side airbags for the driver and passengers
- The Honda CR-Z has a unique and sporty design that sets it apart from other hybrid vehicles
- The car boasts an aerodynamic shape that reduces wind resistance and improves fuel efficiency
- The vehicle comes with standard features like 16-inch alloy wheels, fog lights, and heated side mirrors
- The CR-Z also includes a rear spoiler, which not only adds to the vehicle's sporty appearance but also improves its aerodynamics and helps to reduce wind noise inside the cabin
- The car's exterior is available in a range of attractive colors, including Milano Red, Premium White Pearl, and North Shore Blue Pearl
- The Honda CR-Z offers a comfortable and quiet ride thanks to its well-insulated cabin and smooth suspension
- The vehicle features supportive and comfortable seats that are designed to provide comfort during long drives
- The car includes a range of convenience features such as a rearview camera, keyless entry, and push-button start
- The CR-Z also comes equipped with a navigation system as well as Bluetooth connectivity, allowing drivers to stay connected and entertained on the road
Infotainment and Connectivity
The Honda CR-Z is equipped with a range of infotainment and connectivity features to enhance the driving experience. These features provide entertainment options, connectivity with mobile devices, and navigation assistance.
One of the key features of the CR-Z is the touchscreen infotainment system, which is integrated into the dashboard. The system includes a 7-inch display and provides access to various functions such as audio control, Bluetooth connectivity, and navigation.
The CR-Z is equipped with a sound system that includes AM/FM radio, CD player, and USB and auxiliary inputs for connecting external devices. Bluetooth connectivity allows for hands-free calling and audio streaming, enabling drivers to stay connected while keeping their focus on the road.
The infotainment system also supports Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, allowing for seamless integration of compatible smartphones. This enables drivers to access their favorite music, make calls, and use navigation apps directly through the car's display.
For navigation assistance, the CR-Z offers Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System. This system provides real-time traffic updates and turn-by-turn directions to help drivers reach their destinations more efficiently.
To further enhance connectivity, the CR-Z is equipped with HondaLink. This feature enables drivers to remotely connect with their vehicle through their smartphone, providing access to features such as vehicle diagnostics, remote start, and locking/unlocking doors.
Overall, the Honda CR-Z offers a range of infotainment and connectivity features to enhance the driving experience. These features provide entertainment options, connectivity with mobile devices, and navigation assistance, making the CR-Z a connected and tech-savvy car.
Safety and Driver-Assistance Features
The Honda CR-Z is a hybrid sports car that comes with an array of safety features as well as driver-assistance technologies. Some of the most notable safety and driver-assistance features of the Honda CR-Z include:
Anti-lock Braking System (ABS): The ABS helps to prevent the wheels from locking up during sudden braking, allowing a driver to maintain control of the vehicle.
Vehicle Stability Assist (VSA): The VSA system helps to stabilize the car during cornering, preventing the vehicle from sliding or oversteering.
Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS): The TPMS continuously monitors the tire pressure, notifying the driver if any tires are underinflated, which could affect the handling of the vehicle.
Airbags: The Honda CR-Z comes with front, side, and side-curtain airbags to provide protection to the passengers in the event of a collision.
Lane Departure Warning (LDW): The LDW system detects when the car is drifting out of its lane and alerts the driver.
Forward Collision Warning (FCW): The FCW system uses cameras and sensors to detect when a collision with another vehicle is imminent and alerts the driver.
Automatic Emergency Braking (AEB): The AEB system automatically applies the brakes if it detects an imminent collision with another vehicle.
Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC): The ACC system automatically adjusts the vehicle's speed to maintain a safe distance from the vehicle in front.
Blind Spot Monitoring (BSM): The BSM system detects when a vehicle is in the driver's blind spot and alerts them with a warning light.
Overall, the Honda CR-Z is equipped with a range of safety and driver-assistance features that ensure a safe and comfortable driving experience for the driver and passengers.
Honda CoupesView All
Honda CR-Z for saleView all
Cars & Trucks Reviews
Unlock the best Cars & Trucks Reviews: expert insights, trends, and top-rated models. Make informed decisions and find your perfect vehicle. Stay ahead in the automotive world.