2001 - 2015 Nissan Xterra
The Nissan Xterra is a compact SUV that was produced by the Japanese automaker Nissan from 1999 to 2015. It is known for its rugged and off-road capabilities, making it a popular choice for outdoor enthusiasts.
The Xterra has a boxy and muscular exterior design, with a tall ride height and large wheel arches. It features a prominent front grille, aggressive headlights, and a rugged roof rack for additional cargo space. The rear of the vehicle has a large tailgate and rear-mounted spare tire, giving it a rugged and adventurous look.
Inside, the Xterra offers a spacious cabin with seating for up to five passengers. The interior features durable materials and a functional design, with plenty of storage compartments and cup holders for convenience. The rear seats can be folded down to provide additional cargo space.
Under the hood, the Xterra is equipped with a powerful V6 engine, providing ample power for both on-road and off-road driving. It offers a capable four-wheel drive system that allows for improved traction and control on challenging terrains.
In terms of features, the Xterra offers a range of available options such as a touchscreen infotainment system, Bluetooth connectivity, USB ports, and premium audio systems. It also offers advanced safety features including antilock brakes, stability control, and a range of airbags.
Overall, the Nissan Xterra is a capable and durable SUV that offers a rugged and adventurous driving experience. It is popular among outdoor enthusiasts and those who enjoy off-road driving.
2001 - 2015 Nissan Xterra Price Range
The price range of 2001 - 2015 Nissan Xterra based on Nissan Xterra listings for sale on Ace1Auto website is: $4,299 – $34,999. This range is based on the dealer prices and MSRP of new and used Nissan Xterra models from various trim levels, colors, and options. The average price of a Nissan Xterra near you is $13,111. The Nissan Xterra is a midsize SUV known for its rugged off-road capabilities and overall versatility.
2001 - 2015 Nissan Xterra Price Range: $4,299 to $34,999
Explore 2001 - 2015 Nissan Xterra listed for sale near you on Ace1Auto.
Models, Generations, Redesigns
The Nissan Xterra is a mid-size SUV that was produced by Nissan from 2000 to 2015. It was known for its rugged off-road capabilities and functional design. Throughout its production, the Xterra went through several generations and redesigns. Here are the major models, generations, and redesigns of the Nissan Xterra:
- First Generation (2000-2004):
- The first-generation Xterra was introduced in 1999 as a 2000 model year.
- It featured a boxy, rugged design reminiscent of traditional off-road vehicles.
- The Xterra came with rear-wheel drive or optional part-time four-wheel drive.
- It was powered by a 2.4-liter inline-4 engine or an optional 3.3-liter V6 engine.
- Notable features included a roof rack, removable rear seats, and an available off-road package.
- Second Generation (2005-2015):
- The second-generation Xterra debuted for the 2005 model year and featured a more refined design.
- It had a more squared-off shape with a distinctive high roofline.
- The Xterra now came with rear-wheel drive or optional full-time four-wheel drive.
- It offered a more powerful 4.0-liter V6 engine as the standard powertrain option.
- New features included an available electronic locking rear differential and hill descent control.
- Redesign (2009):
- In 2009, the Xterra underwent a minor redesign, mainly focusing on exterior updates.
- The front-end received a new grille, headlights, and bumper design.
- The rear-end also received updated taillights and bumper design.
- Interior changes included revised upholstery and improved audio system options.
- Final Years and Discontinuation:
- In its final years, the Xterra received few updates but maintained its core design and features.
- Towards the end of its production, the Xterra faced declining sales and increasing competition.
- Nissan announced that the Xterra would be discontinued after the 2015 model year.
- The decision to discontinue the Xterra was mainly driven by stricter emissions and safety regulations.
Overall, the Nissan Xterra had a successful production run with its distinctive design and off-road capabilities. While it may no longer be in production, the Xterra remains a popular choice among SUV enthusiasts for its practicality and adventure-driven nature.
Nissan Xterra Price Range By Years
Engine, Transmission, and Performance
The Nissan Xterra is equipped with a 4.0-liter V6 engine, which produces 261 horsepower and 281 lb-ft of torque. It comes paired with a five-speed automatic transmission, although a six-speed manual transmission is available on the base S trim.
The Xterra is a capable off-road vehicle, thanks to its robust body-on-frame construction, high ground clearance, and four-wheel-drive system. It also features a limited-slip differential and hill start assist, which aids in tackling challenging terrain.
In terms of performance, the Xterra accelerates decently for its size, with a 0-60 mph time of around 7.7 seconds. Its V6 engine provides ample power for off-road adventures and towing, with a maximum towing capacity of up to 5,000 pounds.
However, the Xterra's fuel efficiency may be a concern for some, as it is rated at an EPA-estimated 16 mpg in the city and 22 mpg on the highway. It's worth noting that these figures are slightly lower than other similarly sized SUVs on the market.
Fuel Economy, True MPG
The fuel economy of Nissan Xterra varies depending on the engine and drivetrain configuration.
For the 2.4L 4-cylinder engine with manual transmission and front-wheel drive, the MPG is approximately 17 city and 22 highway.
For the 3.3L V6 engine with automatic transmission and four-wheel drive, the MPG is approximately 14 city and 18 highway.
For the 4.0L V6 engine with automatic transmission and four-wheel drive, the MPG is approximately 16 city and 20 highway.
Interior, Exterior, Comfort
The Nissan Xterra is a mid-sized SUV that offers a spacious and comfortable interior, a rugged exterior design, and a number of features designed to enhance the comfort of the driver and passengers.
- The Xterra offers seating for up to five passengers, with plenty of headroom and legroom in both the front and rear seats.
- The seats are supportive and comfortable, perfect for long drives or off-road adventures.
- The interior materials are durable and easy to clean, making it ideal for outdoor enthusiasts.
- The cargo area is spacious, with a number of tie-downs and storage compartments to secure and organize gear.
- The rear seats can be folded down to create even more cargo space when needed.
- The Xterra features a rugged and athletic exterior design, with bold lines and a muscular stance.
- It has a high ground clearance and short overhangs, making it capable off-road.
- The Xterra is available with off-road features such as skid plates, hill descent control, and an advanced four-wheel drive system.
- It has a roof rack, perfect for carrying outdoor gear such as bikes, kayaks, or camping equipment.
- The Xterra offers a smooth and comfortable ride, thanks to its independent suspension system.
- It has a quiet cabin, with minimal road and wind noise.
- The seats are supportive and adjustable, with options for power adjustments and heating features.
- The Xterra is equipped with a number of comfort features, such as air conditioning, a tilt steering wheel, and power windows and locks.
- It also offers technology features such as a touchscreen infotainment system, Bluetooth connectivity, and a premium audio system.
Overall, the Nissan Xterra offers a comfortable and functional interior, a rugged exterior design, and a number of comfort features designed to enhance the driving experience.
Infotainment and Connectivity
The Nissan Xterra provides a wide range of infotainment and connectivity features to enhance the driving experience.
One of the key features is the touchscreen navigation system, which allows drivers to easily find their way to their destination. The navigation system also includes voice recognition, so drivers can use voice commands to input destinations or make phone calls.
The Xterra also offers a premium audio system, which provides a high-quality sound experience for music lovers. It includes a CD player, AM/FM radio, and MP3 connectivity, so drivers can listen to their favorite songs in various formats.
Bluetooth connectivity is another important feature of the Xterra, as it enables drivers to make hands-free phone calls and stream music wirelessly from their mobile devices. This feature allows for a safer driving experience, as drivers can keep their hands on the wheel and their eyes on the road.
In terms of connectivity, the Xterra offers USB and auxiliary ports, so drivers can easily connect their devices to the vehicle's audio system. This allows for the playback of music, podcasts, and other audio files from smartphones or other portable devices.
Furthermore, the Xterra includes a built-in Wi-Fi hotspot, which allows passengers to stay connected to the internet while on the go. This feature is especially useful for road trips or for those who need to stay productive while traveling.
Overall, the Nissan Xterra provides a range of infotainment and connectivity features to keep drivers and passengers entertained and connected while on the road.
Safety and Driver-Assistance Features
The Nissan Xterra is a midsize SUV that was produced from 2000 to 2015. During its production, the Xterra came with various safety and driver-assistance features that helped ensure the safety of its passengers. Some of the key safety features of the Nissan Xterra include:
Airbags: The Xterra came with dual-stage front airbags that helped protect the driver and front passenger in the event of a collision. Some later models also included side-impact airbags and roof-mounted side curtain airbags for enhanced protection.
Anti-lock Braking System (ABS): The Xterra was equipped with an anti-lock braking system that prevented the wheels from locking up during hard braking, allowing the driver to maintain steering control and reduce the risk of skidding.
Electronic Stability Control (ESC): Some models of the Xterra were equipped with electronic stability control, which helped to maintain vehicle stability during high-speed maneuvers or on slippery roads by applying individual brakes and reducing engine power as necessary.
Traction Control System (TCS): Traction control was another feature available on some Xterra models. It worked in conjunction with the ABS and ESC systems to prevent wheel spin and loss of traction, especially on slippery surfaces.
Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS): The Xterra was equipped with a tire pressure monitoring system that constantly monitored the air pressure in each tire and provided an alert if any tire pressure dropped below the recommended level.
Rearview Camera: Some later models of the Xterra were equipped with a rearview camera that provided a clear view of the area behind the vehicle, helping the driver to avoid obstacles and park more easily.
Hill Start Assist and Hill Descent Control: These features were available on some Xterra models and assisted the driver when starting on steep inclines or descending steep hills. Hill Start Assist prevented the vehicle from rolling back on an incline when transitioning from the brake to the accelerator, while Hill Descent Control maintained a controlled speed when going downhill.
LATCH (Lower Anchors and Tethers for Children) System: The Xterra had LATCH system anchors in the rear seats, which made it easier to install and secure child safety seats.
It should be noted that the availability of these safety features varied across different model years and trim levels of the Nissan Xterra. It is important to consult the specific owner's manual or the manufacturer's website to confirm the availability of these features for a particular Xterra model.
Nissan SUVSView All
Nissan Xterra for saleView all
Cars & Trucks Reviews
Unlock the best Cars & Trucks Reviews: expert insights, trends, and top-rated models. Make informed decisions and find your perfect vehicle. Stay ahead in the automotive world.