1998 - 2023 Lincoln Navigator
The Lincoln Navigator is a luxury SUV that is offered by the American automobile manufacturer, Lincoln. It has been in production since 1997 and is currently in its fourth generation.
The Navigator is known for its spacious and luxurious interior, offering ample seating and cargo space. It can comfortably accommodate up to eight passengers, making it a popular choice for families or those who need to transport a large number of people.
The exterior design of the Navigator is sleek and stylish, with bold lines and a strong presence on the road. It features a distinctive front grille with the Lincoln logo, as well as LED headlights and taillights for enhanced visibility.
Under the hood, the Navigator is powered by a twin-turbocharged V6 engine, which delivers plenty of power and torque for a smooth and effortless driving experience. It also offers an available four-wheel drive system, providing added traction and control in various driving conditions.
Inside the cabin, the Navigator is packed with high-end features and technologies. It comes standard with a large touchscreen infotainment system that is compatible with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, allowing for seamless smartphone integration. It also offers a 14-speaker premium audio system for a superior sound experience.
Safety is a top priority in the Navigator, and it comes equipped with a wide range of advanced safety features. These include adaptive cruise control, lane-keeping assist, blind-spot monitoring, and automatic emergency braking, among others.
Overall, the Lincoln Navigator is a luxurious and capable SUV that offers a combination of style, performance, and comfort. It is a popular choice for those seeking a high-end and spacious vehicle for both everyday commuting and long-distance travel.
1998 - 2023 Lincoln Navigator Price Range
The price range of 1998 - 2023 Lincoln Navigator based on Lincoln Navigator listings for sale on Ace1Auto website is: $4,995 – $125,885. This range is based on the dealer prices and MSRP of new and used Lincoln Navigator models from various trim levels, colors, and options. The average price of a Lincoln Navigator near you is $48,490. The Lincoln Navigator is a luxurious full-size SUV designed for maximum comfort and functionality.
1998 - 2023 Lincoln Navigator Price Range: $4,995 to $125,885
Explore 1998 - 2023 Lincoln Navigator listed for sale near you on Ace1Auto.
Models, Generations, Redesigns
- First Generation Lincoln Navigator (1998-2002):
- The first-generation Lincoln Navigator was introduced in 1997 and released as a 1998 model year vehicle. It was based on the Ford Expedition SUV and featured a similar design language.
- The first-generation Navigator had a boxy and muscular exterior design with a chrome grille, bold lines, and large rectangular-shaped headlights. It had a spacious interior with seating for up to eight passengers and came equipped with luxury features such as leather upholstery, wood trims, and power-adjustable seats.
- Powering the first-generation Navigator was a 5.4-liter V8 engine producing 230 horsepower and 325 lb-ft of torque. It was mated to a four-speed automatic transmission and offered either rear-wheel drive or four-wheel drive.
- Second Generation Lincoln Navigator (2003-2006):
- The second-generation Lincoln Navigator was introduced in 2002 as a 2003 model year vehicle. It featured significant design revisions compared to its predecessor, with a more rounded and aerodynamic look.
- The second-generation Navigator featured a redesigned front grille, new headlights, and a smoother overall profile. The interior was upgraded with more luxurious materials, improved ergonomics, and advanced technology features.
- Powering the second-generation Navigator was a 5.4-liter V8 engine producing 300 horsepower and 355 lb-ft of torque. It was paired with a new six-speed automatic transmission and offered either rear-wheel drive or four-wheel drive.
- Third Generation Lincoln Navigator (2007-2017):
- The third-generation Lincoln Navigator was introduced in 2006 as a 2007 model year vehicle. It featured a comprehensive redesign that gave it a more modern and luxurious appearance.
- The third-generation Navigator featured a larger front grille, upgraded headlights, and a more sculpted body with chrome accents. The interior was redesigned with high-quality materials, advanced technology features, and increased seating comfort.
- Powering the third-generation Navigator was a 5.4-liter V8 engine producing 310 horsepower and 365 lb-ft of torque. It was paired with a six-speed automatic transmission and offered either rear-wheel drive or four-wheel drive.
- Fourth Generation Lincoln Navigator (2018-Present):
- The fourth-generation Lincoln Navigator was introduced in 2017 as a 2018 model year vehicle. It featured a complete redesign that elevated its luxury and performance credentials.
- The fourth-generation Navigator adopted Lincoln's new design language with a bold and elegant exterior. It featured the brand's signature grille, LED headlights, and a sleeker silhouette. The interior was redesigned with premium materials, advanced technologies, and enhanced passenger comfort.
- Powering the fourth-generation Navigator is a twin-turbocharged 3.5-liter V6 engine producing 450 horsepower and 510 lb-ft of torque. It is mated to a ten-speed automatic transmission and offered with rear-wheel drive or four-wheel drive.
Lincoln Navigator Price Range By Years
Engine, Transmission, and Performance
The Lincoln Navigator is powered by a 3.5-liter twin-turbocharged V6 engine that produces 450 horsepower and 510 lb-ft of torque. It is paired with a 10-speed automatic transmission.
This combination provides the Navigator with ample power to move its large size and weight. It has smooth acceleration and is able to effortlessly merge onto highways or pass other vehicles. The 10-speed automatic transmission shifts smoothly and quickly, contributing to a refined driving experience.
The Navigator also comes with Lincoln’s available adaptive suspension, which adjusts the stiffness of the dampers based on road conditions. This helps to improve ride quality and handling. The Navigator’s suspension soaks up bumps and road imperfections well, resulting in a comfortable and composed ride.
In terms of performance, the Navigator is not as nimble or sporty as some of its competitors, but it handles surprisingly well for its size. It has responsive steering and decent agility, making it easy to maneuver in tight spaces. However, its large dimensions and weight can make it feel a bit unwieldy at times.
Overall, the Lincoln Navigator offers a refined and comfortable driving experience, with ample power and a smooth transmission. It may not be the most athletic or sporty option in its segment, but it compensates with luxury and comfort.
Fuel Economy, True MPG
The fuel economy or MPG (miles per gallon) of a Lincoln Navigator varies depending on the specific year and engine size. Here are the fuel economy estimates for various models:
- 2021 Lincoln Navigator (3.5L V6 engine): EPA estimated MPG of 16 city/21 highway/18 combined.
- 2020 Lincoln Navigator (3.5L V6 engine): EPA estimated MPG of 16 city/22 highway/19 combined.
- 2019 Lincoln Navigator (3.5L V6 engine): EPA estimated MPG of 16 city/23 highway/19 combined.
- 2018 Lincoln Navigator (3.5L V6 engine): EPA estimated MPG of 16 city/21 highway/18 combined.
- 2017 Lincoln Navigator (3.5L V6 engine): EPA estimated MPG of 15 city/21 highway/17 combined.
- 2016 Lincoln Navigator (3.5L V6 engine): EPA estimated MPG of 16 city/22 highway/18 combined.
Please note that these mileage figures are based on the EPA estimates, and actual fuel economy may vary depending on driving conditions, vehicle configuration, and other factors.
Interior, Exterior, Comfort
The Lincoln Navigator is a luxury SUV that offers a spacious interior and a comfortable, well-appointed cabin. Here are some of the key features and characteristics of its interior, exterior, and comfort:
- The Lincoln Navigator has a three-row seating configuration, with seating for up to eight passengers. The second row can also be equipped with captain's chairs for added comfort.
- The seats are upholstered in high-quality leather and are plush and supportive, providing a comfortable ride for passengers.
- The interior of the Navigator is quiet and well-insulated, minimizing road and wind noise for a peaceful driving experience.
- The cabin is spacious, with ample legroom and headroom in all three rows. The third row is also easy to access, thanks to power-folding seats and a large door opening.
- The Navigator offers a generous amount of cargo space, with up to 103.3 cubic feet of space available when the second and third rows are folded down.
- The SUV comes equipped with a range of high-end features, including a 10-inch touchscreen infotainment system, a 14-speaker Revel audio system, wireless smartphone charging, and a Wi-Fi hotspot.
- The Lincoln Navigator has a bold and commanding exterior design, with a strong grille and chrome accents.
- The SUV has a high ride height and a wide stance, giving it a powerful and confident presence on the road.
- The Navigator is available with 22-inch alloy wheels, which add to its upscale appearance.
- LED headlights and taillights come standard on the SUV, providing excellent visibility and a modern look.
- The Lincoln Navigator offers a smooth and comfortable ride, thanks to its adaptive suspension system. The suspension automatically adjusts to provide a balanced and comfortable ride, regardless of the road conditions.
- The SUV features heated and ventilated front seats, as well as heated second-row seats, to keep passengers comfortable in any weather.
- Tri-zone automatic climate control allows passengers in each row to set their own temperature preferences.
- The Navigator also offers a range of driver assistance features, such as adaptive cruise control, lane-keeping assist, and automatic emergency braking, which can help reduce driver fatigue and increase comfort on long drives.
Infotainment and Connectivity
The Lincoln Navigator is a luxury SUV that offers a variety of infotainment and connectivity features to enhance the driving experience for both the driver and passengers.
One of the key features of the Navigator is the SYNC 3 system, which allows for seamless integration of smartphones through Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. This means that drivers can easily access their favorite apps, make calls, send messages, and listen to music, all while keeping their hands on the wheel and eyes on the road.
The Navigator also offers a wireless charging pad, allowing drivers and passengers to conveniently charge their smartphones without the need for cords or cables. This feature is especially useful for long journeys or road trips when battery life may be a concern.
For entertainment, the Navigator comes equipped with a premium audio system, providing a high-quality sound experience. With multiple speakers strategically placed throughout the cabin, passengers can enjoy their favorite music, podcasts, or audiobooks with exceptional clarity.
In terms of connectivity, the Navigator offers a built-in Wi-Fi hotspot, allowing passengers to stay connected to the internet while on the go. This is particularly beneficial for those who rely on their devices for work or entertainment, as the hotspot can support multiple devices simultaneously.
Additionally, the Navigator offers a rear-seat entertainment system, featuring dual headrest-mounted screens that can play movies, TV shows, or video games. This feature is especially popular among families with children, as it can provide entertainment and help pass the time during long drives.
Overall, the Lincoln Navigator offers a wide range of infotainment and connectivity features that cater to the needs and preferences of modern drivers and passengers. With its advanced technology and luxurious amenities, the Navigator ensures a connected and enjoyable driving experience for all.
Safety and Driver-Assistance Features
The Lincoln Navigator is a full-size luxury SUV known for its comfort, style, and performance. In addition to luxurious features, it also offers a range of safety and driver-assistance features. Here are some of the notable safety features available in the Lincoln Navigator:
Pre-Collision Assist with Automatic Emergency Braking: This system uses sensors to detect potential collisions and can automatically apply the brakes to mitigate or prevent a collision.
Blind Spot Detection with Cross-Traffic Alert: This system uses sensors to detect vehicles in your blind spot and alerts you with a warning light in the sideview mirror. It also includes cross-traffic alert, which warns you of approaching vehicles when backing out of a parking space.
Lane-Keeping System: This system uses cameras to monitor lane markings and can provide steering assistance to help keep you in your lane. It also includes a lane-departure warning that alerts you if you start to drift out of your lane.
Adaptive Cruise Control: This system uses radar and cameras to maintain a set distance from the vehicle in front of you. It can automatically adjust your speed to maintain a safe following distance, making highway driving more relaxing and convenient.
Enhanced Active Park Assist: This system uses sensors and cameras to help you parallel park or perpendicular park. It can guide you into the parking space and even steer the vehicle for you, helping to reduce the stress of parking in tight spaces.
Rearview Camera: The Navigator comes standard with a rearview camera that provides a clear view of what's behind you when backing up. Some models also offer a 360-degree camera system, which gives you a bird's-eye view of the vehicle and its surroundings.
Adaptive Headlights: The Navigator's headlights can automatically adjust their beam pattern to better illuminate the road ahead, improving visibility while driving at night or in inclement weather.
MyKey: This feature allows you to program certain restrictions and limits on the vehicle to help promote safe driving habits, particularly for young or inexperienced drivers. For example, you can set a maximum speed limit or limit the maximum volume of the audio system.
In addition to these features, the Lincoln Navigator also offers standard safety features such as anti-lock brakes, stability control, traction control, and multiple airbags throughout the cabin. Overall, the Navigator is designed to provide a safe and secure driving experience for both the driver and passengers.
Lincoln SUVSView All
Lincoln Navigator for saleView all
Cars & Trucks Reviews
Unlock the best Cars & Trucks Reviews: expert insights, trends, and top-rated models. Make informed decisions and find your perfect vehicle. Stay ahead in the automotive world.