2002 - 2023 Chevrolet TrailBlazer
The Chevrolet TrailBlazer is an SUV that was produced by General Motors from 2002 to 2009 in North America. It was then reintroduced in 2020 for the international market. The TrailBlazer was designed with a boxy and rugged exterior, making it a capable off-road vehicle. The interior of the vehicle is spacious and comfortable, with seating for up to seven passengers. The TrailBlazer is powered by various engine options, including a 4.2-liter inline-six or a 5.3-liter V8 engine, depending on the year and generation of the vehicle. It also features a range of standard safety features, including anti-lock brakes, traction control, and stability control. The latest generation of the TrailBlazer is equipped with advanced technology and safety features such as a 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system, rearview camera, and automatic emergency braking.
2002 - 2023 Chevrolet TrailBlazer Price Range
The price range of 2002 - 2023 Chevrolet TrailBlazer based on Chevrolet TrailBlazer listings for sale on Ace1Auto website is: $3,999 – $35,440. This range is based on the dealer prices and MSRP of new and used Chevrolet TrailBlazer models from various trim levels, colors, and options. The average price of a Chevrolet TrailBlazer near you is $23,293. The Chevrolet TrailBlazer is a mid-size SUV known for its spacious interior, impressive towing capability, and off-road capabilities.
2002 - 2023 Chevrolet TrailBlazer Price Range: $3,999 to $35,440
Explore 2002 - 2023 Chevrolet TrailBlazer listed for sale near you on Ace1Auto.
Models, Generations, Redesigns
The Chevrolet TrailBlazer has gone through several generations and redesigns since its introduction in 2001. Here is an overview of the models, generations, and major redesigns of the Chevrolet TrailBlazer:
First Generation (2001-2009):
- The first-generation Chevrolet TrailBlazer was introduced for the 2002 model year.
- It featured a mid-size SUV body style and offered both rear-wheel drive and four-wheel drive configurations.
- The first-generation TrailBlazer was available with a range of engines, including a 4.2-liter V6 and a 5.3-liter V8.
- It offered seating for up to five passengers and had a cargo capacity of about 80 cubic feet with the rear seats folded down.
- The first-generation TrailBlazer received a facelift for the 2006 model year, which included a new front end design and interior updates.
Second Generation (2012-2020):
- After a brief hiatus, the TrailBlazer returned for the 2012 model year as a compact SUV.
- The second-generation TrailBlazer was based on the global Chevrolet Colorado pickup truck platform.
- It featured a more modern and aggressive exterior design compared to its predecessor.
- The second-generation TrailBlazer offered seating for up to seven passengers and had a larger cargo capacity than the previous generation.
- It was available with a range of gasoline and diesel engines, depending on the market.
- The second-generation TrailBlazer received a facelift for the 2017 model year, which included updates to the front grille, headlights, and interior.
Redesigned Third Generation (2021-present):
- The third-generation Chevrolet TrailBlazer was redesigned for the 2021 model year.
- It features a more compact and sporty design compared to the previous generation.
- The third-generation TrailBlazer is available with a choice of two turbocharged three-cylinder engines: a 1.2-liter and a 1.3-liter.
- It offers seating for up to five passengers and has a cargo capacity of about 54 cubic feet with the rear seats folded down.
- The third-generation TrailBlazer comes standard with a range of advanced safety features, including forward collision alert, automatic emergency braking, and lane keep assist.
Chevrolet TrailBlazer Price Range By Years
Engine, Transmission, and Performance
The 2021 Chevrolet TrailBlazer comes standard with a turbocharged 1.2-liter three-cylinder engine producing 137 horsepower and 162 lb-ft of torque. This engine is paired with a continuously variable automatic transmission (CVT) and front-wheel drive. An optional turbocharged 1.3-liter three-cylinder engine, which produces 155 horsepower and 174 lb-ft of torque, is also available. This engine is paired with a nine-speed automatic transmission and can be had with either front- or all-wheel drive.
The TrailBlazer is not a performance-oriented SUV but still offers decent acceleration and handling. The optional 1.3-liter engine provides adequate power for most driving situations, and the nine-speed automatic transmission shifts smoothly. The SUV's relatively compact size and responsive steering make it easy to maneuver in tight spaces. The ride quality is comfortable but can be somewhat firm over rough pavement.
Overall, the TrailBlazer provides a comfortable and capable driving experience suitable for daily commuting and weekend adventures.
Fuel Economy, True MPG
The MPG (miles per gallon) of a Chevrolet TrailBlazer depends on the model year and the type of engine. Here are some estimates based on the most common configurations:
- 2002-2004 TrailBlazer with 4.2-liter six-cylinder engine: 16 city/22 highway MPG
- 2005-2007 TrailBlazer with 4.2-liter six-cylinder engine: 15 city/21 highway MPG
- 2006-2009 TrailBlazer SS with 6.0-liter V8 engine: 12 city/16 highway MPG
- 2008-2009 TrailBlazer with 5.3-liter V8 engine: 14 city/20 highway MPG
It's worth noting that these figures are based on EPA estimates, which may not perfectly reflect real-world driving conditions. Your actual mileage may vary depending on factors such as driving style, road conditions, and vehicle maintenance.
Interior, Exterior, Comfort
The Chevrolet TrailBlazer offers a comfortable and spacious interior with plenty of room for passengers and cargo. Its exterior design features a rugged and sporty look, with angular lines and a bold front grille.
Interior features of the TrailBlazer include comfortable cloth or leather seats, a user-friendly infotainment system with a touchscreen display, and a variety of advanced safety features. Some higher-end trims also include features such as a panoramic sunroof and a Bose sound system.
The TrailBlazer also offers a comfortable ride with smooth handling and a quiet cabin. The suspension system is built to absorb bumps and provide a cushioned ride, and the noise-cancellation system helps to minimize road noise.
Overall, the Chevrolet TrailBlazer is a versatile SUV that offers a comfortable interior, rugged exterior styling, and a smooth ride. It is an excellent choice for those looking for a reliable and spacious vehicle that can handle the demands of a variety of driving conditions.
Infotainment and Connectivity
The Chevrolet TrailBlazer offers a variety of infotainment and connectivity features to enhance the driving experience.
One of the standout features is the Chevrolet Infotainment 3 system, which comes standard on all trim levels. This system includes an 8-inch touchscreen display and features like Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility, Bluetooth connectivity, and voice recognition.
Additionally, the TrailBlazer offers available built-in 4G LTE Wi-Fi hotspot capability, allowing passengers to connect their devices to the internet on the go. This feature is great for long trips or for passengers who need to stay connected for work or entertainment purposes.
The TrailBlazer also offers available wireless charging, which allows you to simply place your compatible smartphone on the charging pad and it will start charging without the need for any cables.
Other connectivity features include USB ports for charging and connecting devices, as well as a 6-speaker audio system for enjoying your favorite music and podcasts.
Overall, the Chevrolet TrailBlazer provides a range of infotainment and connectivity features to keep you connected and entertained on the road. Whether you need to make hands-free calls, stream music, or stay connected to the internet, the TrailBlazer has you covered.
Safety and Driver-Assistance Features
The Chevrolet TrailBlazer offers a range of safety and driver-assistance features to help keep you and your passengers safe on the road. Some of the notable features include:
Forward Collision Alert: This feature uses sensors to detect a potential frontal collision and alerts the driver with visual and audible warnings.
Lane Keep Assist with Lane Departure Warning: This system uses cameras to monitor the vehicle's position in the lane and provides alerts if it detects unintentional lane departure. It can also provide gentle steering torque to help keep the vehicle in its lane.
Rear Cross Traffic Alert: This feature uses sensors to warn the driver of approaching vehicles when backing out of a parking spot or driveway.
Rearview Camera: The TrailBlazer comes standard with a rearview camera, which provides a clear view of the area behind the vehicle when reversing.
Automatic Emergency Braking: This feature can detect an imminent collision and apply the brakes automatically to help reduce the severity of the collision or avoid it altogether.
Adaptive Cruise Control: This system maintains a set following distance from the vehicle ahead and can adjust the vehicle's speed automatically to match traffic conditions.
Blind Spot Monitoring: The TrailBlazer offers a blind spot monitoring system that alerts the driver if there is a vehicle in their blind spot.
Teen Driver Technology: This feature allows parents to set certain restrictions on the vehicle, such as speed limits and audio volume, when their teenager is driving.
Rear Park Assist: This feature uses sensors to detect obstacles behind the vehicle when parking and provides audible warnings to help the driver avoid collisions.
Tire Pressure Monitoring System: The TrailBlazer is equipped with a tire pressure monitoring system that alerts the driver if there is a significant drop in tire pressure.
These are just some of the safety and driver-assistance features available on the Chevrolet TrailBlazer. Overall, the TrailBlazer offers a comprehensive suite of features to help prevent accidents and protect occupants in the event of a collision.
Chevrolet SUVSView All
Chevrolet TrailBlazer for saleView all
Cars & Trucks Reviews
Unlock the best Cars & Trucks Reviews: expert insights, trends, and top-rated models. Make informed decisions and find your perfect vehicle. Stay ahead in the automotive world.