2001 - 2023 Toyota Sequoia
The Toyota Sequoia is a full-size SUV made by the Japanese automaker Toyota. It was first introduced in 2000 as a replacement for the Toyota Land Cruiser Prado in the North American market. The name "Sequoia" is derived from the giant sequoia trees found in the United States.
The Toyota Sequoia is known for its spacious and comfortable interior, capable towing capacity, and strong off-road capabilities. It can seat up to eight passengers, making it a popular choice for families or those who need to transport large groups. The interior is well-designed and features high-quality materials, making it a comfortable ride for both driver and passengers.
Under the hood, the Toyota Sequoia typically comes with a V8 engine, providing ample power for towing and acceleration. It also comes with a variety of features and technologies to enhance both safety and convenience, such as a rearview camera, blind-spot monitoring, adaptive cruise control, and a touchscreen infotainment system.
In terms of off-road capabilities, the Toyota Sequoia boasts a sturdy body-on-frame construction, four-wheel drive system, and advanced suspension system, allowing it to navigate rough terrain with ease. It also has a high ground clearance and skid plates to protect the underbody from potential damage.
Overall, the Toyota Sequoia is a reliable and versatile SUV, offering a combination of comfort, power, and off-road capability. It is a popular choice for those looking for a spacious and capable vehicle for both everyday use and outdoor adventures.
2001 - 2023 Toyota Sequoia Price Range
The price range of 2001 - 2023 Toyota Sequoia based on Toyota Sequoia listings for sale on Ace1Auto website is: $6,495 – $97,990. This range is based on the dealer prices and MSRP of new and used Toyota Sequoia models from various trim levels, colors, and options. The average price of a Toyota Sequoia near you is $46,064. The Toyota Sequoia is a full-size SUV with a spacious interior and a strong V8 engine.
2001 - 2023 Toyota Sequoia Price Range: $6,495 to $97,990
Explore 2001 - 2023 Toyota Sequoia listed for sale near you on Ace1Auto.
Models, Generations, Redesigns
The Toyota Sequoia is a full-size SUV that has been in production since 2000. Although there have been no complete generational overhauls, the Sequoia has undergone several facelifts and updates over the years. Here is a breakdown of the different models, generations, and redesigns of the Toyota Sequoia:
First Generation (2000-2007):
- The first-generation Toyota Sequoia was introduced in 2000 as a 2001 model year vehicle.
- It featured a body-on-frame construction and came with two trim levels: SR5 and Limited.
- The engine options included a 4.7-liter V8 engine producing 240 horsepower and a 4.7-liter V8 engine producing 282 horsepower.
- It was available with either rear-wheel drive or optional four-wheel drive.
- In 2005, the Sequoia received a minor facelift, which included a revised front grille and headlights.
Second Generation (2008-2021):
- The second-generation Toyota Sequoia debuted at the 2007 Los Angeles Auto Show and went on sale in early 2008 as a 2008 model year vehicle.
- It featured a more refined design and a larger overall size than its predecessor.
- The engine options remained the same as the first generation, but the power output increased to 276 horsepower and 381 horsepower respectively.
- It came with three trim levels: SR5, Limited, and Platinum.
- In 2010, the Sequoia received a minor facelift, which included a revised front grille, headlights, and taillights.
- In 2018, the Sequoia received another facelift, which included a new front grille and updated exterior styling.
Third Generation (2022-present):
- The third-generation Toyota Sequoia was unveiled in November 2021 as a 2022 model year vehicle.
- It features a completely redesigned exterior and interior, with a more modern and upscale look.
- The engine options have not been officially announced yet, but it is expected to have a more powerful V6 engine, possibly a turbocharged or hybrid powertrain.
- It is expected to come with updated technology and safety features, as well as improved off-road capabilities.
It is important to note that the information provided above is based on available information at the time of writing and is subject to change as new models and updates are released.
Toyota Sequoia Price Range By Years
Toyota Sequoia Gallery
Engine, Transmission, and Performance
The Toyota Sequoia is equipped with a powerful engine and a smooth transmission, making it a capable and efficient SUV.
The base engine option for the Sequoia is a 5.7-liter V8 engine, which produces 381 horsepower and 401 lb-ft of torque. This engine provides plenty of power for acceleration and towing, with a maximum towing capacity of up to 7,400 pounds.
The Sequoia comes standard with a six-speed automatic transmission, which shifts smoothly and efficiently. It offers a manual shift mode for more control over gear selection, as well as an uphill/downhill shift logic feature that adjusts the transmission's shift points based on the vehicle's angle.
In terms of performance, the Sequoia delivers a smooth and comfortable ride, thanks to its independent suspension with coil springs and stabilizer bars. It handles well for its size, with responsive steering and minimal body roll.
The Sequoia also comes with a full-time four-wheel drive system, which provides added traction and stability in challenging driving conditions. It features a two-speed transfer case with a locking center differential, as well as a limited-slip differential for enhanced off-road capability.
Overall, the Toyota Sequoia offers a strong engine, smooth transmission, and capable performance that makes it a reliable and versatile SUV for both everyday driving and towing needs.
Fuel Economy, True MPG
The fuel economy of a Toyota Sequoia varies depending on the year, engine size, and drivetrain. Here are the average fuel economy numbers for different model years:
2021 Toyota Sequoia: The MPG for the 2021 Sequoia is an EPA-estimated 13 city/17 highway/15 combined MPG for the 5.7L V8 engine with 4WD, and 13 city/18 highway/15 combined MPG for the 5.7L V8 engine with 2WD.
2020 Toyota Sequoia: The 2020 Sequoia has an EPA-estimated fuel economy of 13 city/17 highway/14 combined MPG for the 5.7L V8 engine with 4WD, and 13 city/18 highway/15 combined MPG for the 5.7L V8 engine with 2WD.
2019 Toyota Sequoia: The MPG for the 2019 Sequoia is an EPA-estimated 13 city/17 highway/15 combined MPG for the 5.7L V8 engine with 4WD, and 13 city/18 highway/15 combined MPG for the 5.7L V8 engine with 2WD.
Please note that these MPG figures are based on the EPA's testing methods and may vary depending on driving conditions and individual driving habits.
Interior, Exterior, Comfort
- The Toyota Sequoia features a spacious and well-designed interior that can accommodate up to eight passengers.
- The seats are comfortable and supportive, even on long drives.
- The cabin is well-insulated from outside noise, providing a quiet and peaceful driving experience.
- The materials used in the interior are of good quality, giving the Sequoia a premium feel.
- The controls and infotainment system are user-friendly and easy to operate.
- The Toyota Sequoia has a rugged and muscular exterior design that exudes a sense of strength and capability.
- It features a bold front grille, sleek headlights, and a sculpted body that gives it a commanding presence on the road.
- The Sequoia is available in a range of attractive colors, allowing buyers to choose one that suits their preferences.
- It has a high ground clearance and large wheels, making it capable of conquering off-road terrain.
- The overall design of the Sequoia is timeless and does not feel outdated.
- The Toyota Sequoia offers a comfortable and smooth ride, thanks to its plush suspension system.
- The seats are spacious and provide ample legroom and headroom for all passengers.
- The climate control system works efficiently to keep the cabin at a comfortable temperature.
- The Sequoia also offers a variety of comfort features, such as heated and ventilated seats, a power-adjustable steering column, and power-adjustable seats.
- The large windows and sunroof allow for plenty of natural light to enter the cabin, creating a bright and airy atmosphere.
Infotainment and Connectivity
The Toyota Sequoia comes equipped with several infotainment and connectivity features to enhance the driving experience.
Infotainment System: The Sequoia comes with a 7-inch or an available 9-inch touchscreen infotainment system, depending on the trim level. The system includes Toyota's Entune multimedia system, which offers features such as AM/FM radio, CD player, Bluetooth connectivity, USB ports, and auxiliary input. It also supports voice recognition, allowing drivers to control various functions hands-free.
Apple CarPlay and Android Auto: The Sequoia now supports Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, which allows users to seamlessly integrate their smartphone into the vehicle's infotainment system. This enables drivers to access their favorite apps, make calls, send messages, and use navigation while keeping their hands on the wheel and eyes on the road.
Navigation System: The Sequoia features an available integrated navigation system with advanced voice recognition. This system provides real-time traffic updates, turn-by-turn directions, and points of interest, making it easier for drivers to navigate unfamiliar areas.
JBL Premium Audio System: The Sequoia offers an available JBL premium audio system with 14 speakers. This high-quality sound system provides exceptional audio clarity and a surround sound experience, ensuring enhanced entertainment for all occupants.
Dual-View Blu-Ray Disc Entertainment Center: For rear-seat passengers, the Sequoia offers an available Dual-View Blu-Ray Disc Entertainment Center. This system includes a rear-seat Blu-Ray player with a 9-inch display, two wireless headphones, an HDMI input, and two 120V AC power outlets. This ensures that passengers can enjoy their favorite movies or play video games on long journeys.
Wireless Charging: The Sequoia also offers an available wireless charging pad, allowing drivers to charge their compatible smartphones simply by placing them on the charging pad. This eliminates the need for cables and keeps the cabin clutter-free.
Wi-Fi Connect: The Sequoia is equipped with Toyota's available Wi-Fi Connect system, which can support up to five devices simultaneously. This ensures that all passengers can stay connected and enjoy high-speed internet access on the go.
Overall, the Toyota Sequoia's infotainment and connectivity features provide a wide range of entertainment options and convenience for both drivers and passengers.
Safety and Driver-Assistance Features
The Toyota Sequoia is a full-sized SUV that offers several safety and driver-assistance features to help keep occupants safe on the road. Some of these features include:
Toyota Safety Sense-P (TSS-P): TSS-P is a suite of safety features that includes a pre-collision system with pedestrian detection, lane departure alert, dynamic radar cruise control, and automatic high beams.
Blind Spot Monitor: This feature uses radar technology to detect vehicles in the driver's blind spot. If a vehicle is detected, an icon will appear in the corresponding side mirror to alert the driver.
Rear Cross-Traffic Alert: When the vehicle is in reverse, this feature uses radar sensors to detect vehicles approaching from the sides. If a vehicle is detected, the system will audibly and visually alert the driver.
Front and Rear Parking Assist Sonar: This feature uses sensors mounted on the front and rear bumpers to detect obstacles while parking. If an object is detected, the system will provide an audible warning to help the driver avoid a collision.
Star Safety System: This system includes traction control, anti-lock brakes, electronic brake-force distribution, brake assist, and smart stop technology. These features work together to help the driver maintain control in various driving conditions.
Trailer-Sway Control: If the Sequoia is equipped with a towing package, this feature can help mitigate trailer sway by applying brake pressure and managing engine torque.
Surround-view Camera System: This feature uses multiple cameras to provide a 360-degree view of the vehicle's surroundings. It can help the driver navigate tight parking spaces and avoid obstacles.
Tire Pressure Monitoring System: This system continuously monitors the air pressure in all four tires and alerts the driver if a tire is significantly underinflated.
Electric Parking Brake: The Sequoia is equipped with an electric parking brake that can be engaged or disengaged with the touch of a button.
These are just a few of the safety and driver-assistance features available on the Toyota Sequoia. It's important to note that availability may vary depending on the model and trim level of the vehicle.
Toyota SUVSView All
Toyota Sequoia for saleView all
Cars & Trucks Reviews
Unlock the best Cars & Trucks Reviews: expert insights, trends, and top-rated models. Make informed decisions and find your perfect vehicle. Stay ahead in the automotive world.