2016 - 2023 Tesla Model X
The Tesla Model X is an all-electric SUV produced by Tesla, Inc. It was first introduced in 2015 and is known for its innovative features and cutting-edge technology. The Model X is built on the same platform as the Model S sedan and shares many of its components.
One of the most distinctive features of the Model X is its falcon-wing doors, which open vertically and provide easy access to the second and third rows of seats. These doors are equipped with sensors to prevent them from hitting nearby objects when opening or closing.
The interior of the Model X is spacious and can accommodate up to seven passengers. The second and third rows of seats are designed to fold flat for added cargo space when needed. The front seats are comfortable and feature a large touchscreen interface that controls various functions of the car, such as navigation, media, and climate control.
In terms of performance, the Model X offers impressive acceleration and handling. It is available in several different models, with varying ranges and power outputs. The top-of-the-line Model X Performance can accelerate from 0 to 60 mph in just 2.6 seconds, making it one of the fastest SUVs on the market.
Like other Tesla vehicles, the Model X is equipped with Autopilot, an advanced driver assistance system that can steer, accelerate, and brake automatically under certain conditions. It also comes with over-the-air software updates, allowing Tesla to continuously improve the car's functionality and add new features remotely.
In terms of safety, the Model X has received high ratings from independent crash test organizations. It is equipped with numerous safety features, including multiple airbags, traction control, stability control, and a suite of advanced driver-assistance systems.
Overall, the Tesla Model X is a luxurious and technologically advanced electric SUV that offers impressive performance, range, and safety features. It combines the practicality and functionality of an SUV with the environmental benefits of electric mobility.
2016 - 2023 Tesla Model X Price Range
The price range of 2016 - 2023 Tesla Model X based on Tesla Model X listings for sale on Ace1Auto website is: $30,880 – $107,995. This range is based on the dealer prices and MSRP of new and used Tesla Model X models from various trim levels, colors, and options. The average price of a Tesla Model X near you is $54,040. The Tesla Model X is an all-electric luxury SUV that boasts impressive performance, advanced technology, and unique falcon-wing doors.
2016 - 2023 Tesla Model X Price Range: $30,880 to $107,995
Explore 2016 - 2023 Tesla Model X listed for sale near you on Ace1Auto.
Models, Generations, Redesigns
- Tesla Model X (2015-2019)
The original Tesla Model X was introduced in September 2015. It featured unique Falcon Wing doors, seating for up to seven passengers, and an impressive electric range of up to 295 miles. The Model X also boasted advanced safety features such as automatic emergency braking and a large panoramic windshield.
- Tesla Model X (2020-present)
In 2020, Tesla refreshed the Model X with several updates. The exterior received slight design tweaks, including a redesigned front fascia and new headlights. Inside, the Model X received an upgraded infotainment system with a larger touchscreen display. Additionally, the Model X now comes standard with the Tesla Full Self-Driving Capability package.
- Tesla Model X Plaid (2021-present)
In 2021, Tesla introduced the Model X Plaid, a high-performance variant of the Model X. It features three electric motors, delivering a total power output of 1,020 horsepower. The Model X Plaid boasts an impressive 0-60 mph time of just 2.5 seconds, making it one of the fastest SUVs in the world. Other improvements include an upgraded suspension system and a top speed of 163 mph.
- Tesla Model X Redesign (rumored)
While there have been no official announcements, rumors suggest that Tesla may be planning a redesign of the Model X in the near future. Speculation includes a more streamlined exterior design and improved aerodynamics to enhance efficiency. Additionally, there may be updates to the interior, including new features and technologies. As with any rumors, it's important to take this information with a grain of salt until official details are announced by Tesla.
Tesla Model X Price Range By Years
Tesla Model X Gallery
Engine, Transmission, and Performance
The Tesla Model X is an all-electric SUV that offers impressive performance and advanced technology. It is available in several different trims, each offering various levels of performance and range.
The Model X is equipped with a dual-motor all-wheel drive system that provides excellent traction and control in all weather conditions. The motor generates instant torque, allowing the Model X to accelerate quickly from a standstill. In its most powerful configuration, the Model X can go from 0 to 60 mph in just 2.6 seconds, making it one of the fastest SUVs on the market.
The exact specifications of the Model X vary depending on the trim level and battery options. The Long Range trim offers an estimated range of up to 360 miles on a single charge, while the Performance trim offers a slightly lower range of up to 350 miles. The base Standard Range Plus trim has a range of up to 250 miles.
The Model X comes with a high-capacity lithium-ion battery that stores energy and powers the electric motors. The battery can be charged using the built-in charger at home or using Tesla's extensive Supercharger network, which allows for quick and convenient charging on long trips.
In terms of handling, the Model X offers a smooth and quiet ride thanks to its aerodynamic design and low center of gravity. The precise electric power steering and adaptive suspension system contribute to the car's agile handling and responsive driving dynamics.
The Model X also features Tesla's Autopilot system, which offers semi-autonomous driving capabilities. This includes features such as adaptive cruise control, lane-keeping assist, and automatic emergency braking. It also has a large touchscreen display that controls various functions of the car, including navigation, media, and climate control.
Overall, the Tesla Model X offers powerful performance, impressive range, and advanced technology that sets it apart from other SUVs on the market. Its all-electric drivetrain and cutting-edge features make it a popular choice for those looking for a high-performance and environmentally friendly vehicle.
Fuel Economy, True MPG
The Tesla Model X has an estimated fuel economy of 91 MPGe (miles per gallon gasoline equivalent) when being driven on the highway, and 96 MPGe in the city. The combined fuel economy is estimated to be around 93 MPGe.
Interior, Exterior, Comfort
The Tesla Model X is designed to provide a luxurious and comfortable driving experience for both the driver and passengers. Here are some key features of the Model X:
- Spacious cabin: The Model X can comfortably seat up to seven adults in its three rows of seating. There is ample legroom and headroom in all rows.
- Premium materials: The interior of the Model X is constructed using high-quality materials, including leather upholstery and wood trim. This gives the cabin a luxurious and upscale feel.
- Panoramic windshield: The Model X features a large panoramic windshield that extends from the front of the vehicle to above the driver's head. This gives an expansive view of the road ahead and increases the feeling of openness inside the cabin.
- Falcon Wing doors: One of the most distinctive features of the Model X is its Falcon Wing doors. These upward-opening doors provide easy access to the second and third-row seats, even in tight parking spaces.
- Minimalist dashboard: The Model X features a minimalist dashboard design with a large touchscreen display in the center. This display controls most of the vehicle's functions, including climate control, media playback, and navigation.
- Sleek design: The Model X has a sleek and aerodynamic design, with smooth lines and a low drag coefficient. This not only improves the vehicle's efficiency but also gives it a stylish and modern appearance.
- All-wheel drive: All Model X variants come with dual motors and all-wheel drive capabilities, providing excellent traction and stability on different road surfaces and weather conditions.
- Automatic rear liftgate: The Model X has an automatic power liftgate at the rear, making it easy to access the cargo area. The liftgate can be controlled through the touchscreen display or using the key fob.
- High-intensity headlights: The Model X is equipped with high-intensity LED headlights that provide excellent visibility at night while using less energy than traditional halogen or xenon lights.
- Towing capability: The Model X is capable of towing up to 5,000 pounds, making it suitable for pulling trailers or small boats.
- Air suspension: The Model X comes standard with an air suspension system that automatically adjusts the ride height and stiffness based on driving conditions. This provides a smooth and comfortable ride, especially on rough roads.
- HEPA air filtration system: The Model X features a highly efficient HEPA air filtration system that removes pollen, bacteria, and allergens from the cabin. This ensures clean and fresh air inside the vehicle at all times.
- Seat heating and ventilation: The Model X offers heated seats in all rows, providing comfort during cold weather. Additionally, the front seats can be ventilated, keeping passengers cool on hot days.
- Advanced climate control: The Model X has a dual-zone automatic climate control system that allows passengers to individually set their preferred temperature. The system can maintain the desired temperature even when the vehicle is parked.
- Low interior noise: The Tesla Model X has excellent sound insulation, which reduces wind and road noise. This creates a quiet and peaceful environment inside the cabin, enhancing the overall comfort.
Infotainment and Connectivity
The Tesla Model X is equipped with a wide range of infotainment and connectivity features, making it one of the most advanced electric SUVs on the market. Here are some of the key highlights:
touchscreen display: The Model X features a high-resolution 17-inch touchscreen display mounted in the center of the dashboard. This display controls most of the vehicle's functions, including navigation, media playback, vehicle settings, and access to various apps.
Internet connectivity: The Model X comes with built-in internet connectivity, allowing passengers to browse the web, stream music, and access online services. It also enables over-the-air software updates, ensuring that the vehicle's software is always up to date.
Media playback: The Model X supports a wide variety of media playback options, including streaming services like Spotify and TuneIn Radio, internet radio, USB and Bluetooth audio streaming, and traditional AM/FM radio.
Navigation system: Tesla's navigation system provides real-time traffic updates, turn-by-turn directions, and a suite of features to help optimize your route. The navigation system can also factor in the vehicle's battery charge level and charging station availability to plan efficient long-distance trips.
Premium audio system: The Model X features a premium sound system with up to 17 speakers, delivering exceptional audio quality throughout the cabin. The audio system is customizable with various equalization settings.
Bluetooth and USB connectivity: Passengers can easily connect their smartphones to the Model X via Bluetooth, allowing them to make hands-free calls and stream audio wirelessly. The vehicle also provides multiple USB ports for charging and data transfer.
Mobile app integration: Tesla offers a mobile app for iOS and Android devices, allowing owners to remotely monitor and control various aspects of their Model X. Through the app, users can lock/unlock the doors, pre-condition the interior temperature, locate the vehicle, and even schedule charging sessions.
Autopilot and self-driving features: The Model X is equipped with Tesla's Autopilot system, which offers a range of advanced driver assistance features such as adaptive cruise control, lane-keeping assist, and automatic parking. In addition, Tesla continues to develop and roll out software updates that bring new self-driving capabilities, subject to local regulations.
Overall, the Tesla Model X offers a comprehensive infotainment and connectivity experience, with a user-friendly interface and a wide range of features to enhance the driving and passenger experience.
Safety and Driver-Assistance Features
The Tesla Model X is a full-size electric SUV that comes equipped with a range of safety and driver-assistance features. Some of the notable features include:
Autopilot: The Model X comes standard with Tesla's Autopilot system, which includes features like adaptive cruise control, lane-keeping assist, and automatic emergency braking. Autopilot can maintain a set speed and distance from the vehicle ahead, as well as steer and keep the vehicle centered in its lane.
Collision Avoidance: The Model X is equipped with a suite of sensors and cameras that can detect potential collisions and help the driver take evasive action. This includes forward collision warning, which alerts the driver if the vehicle detects a potential collision with the vehicle ahead, and automatic emergency braking, which can autonomously apply the brakes to help avoid or mitigate a collision.
Blind Spot Monitoring: The Model X is equipped with sensors that can detect vehicles in the blind spots and provide visual and audible alerts to the driver if they attempt to change lanes while a vehicle is present.
Parking Sensors and Cameras: The Model X comes equipped with parking sensors and a surround-view camera system, which provides a 360-degree view around the vehicle to assist with parking and maneuvering in tight spaces. The system also includes automatic parking, which can autonomously park the vehicle in parallel and perpendicular parking spaces.
Lane-Departure Warning: The Model X is equipped with lane-departure warning, which alerts the driver if the vehicle drifts out of its lane without signaling.
Cross-Traffic Alert: When reversing, the Model X can detect approaching vehicles from the side and provide visual and audible alerts to the driver to help avoid collisions.
Enhanced Summon: With the Enhanced Summon feature, the Model X can navigate through parking lots autonomously to pick up the driver. The system uses the vehicle's cameras and sensors to detect and avoid obstacles and pedestrians.
It is important to note that while the Tesla Model X is equipped with advanced safety and driver-assistance features, it is not considered a fully autonomous vehicle. The driver is still responsible for remaining attentive and in control of the vehicle at all times.
Tesla SUVSView All
Tesla Model X for saleView all
Cars & Trucks Reviews
Unlock the best Cars & Trucks Reviews: expert insights, trends, and top-rated models. Make informed decisions and find your perfect vehicle. Stay ahead in the automotive world.