2006 - 2016 Porsche Cayman
The Porsche Cayman is a two-seater sports car produced by the German automaker, Porsche. It is a mid-engined coupe that sits below the 911 in Porsche's lineup. The Cayman is known for its sleek and attractive design, high-performance capabilities, and precision handling.
The modern Porsche Cayman is offered in various trims, including the Cayman, Cayman S, Cayman T, Cayman GTS, and Cayman GT4. Each trim comes with its own set of features and performance upgrades.
The Cayman is powered by a range of potent engines, depending on the trim level. The base Cayman is equipped with a turbocharged 2.0-liter flat-four engine, producing around 300 horsepower. The Cayman S features a larger 2.5-liter flat-four engine, delivering around 350 horsepower. The Cayman GTS and GT4 offer even more power and performance, with their six-cylinder engines producing over 400 horsepower.
The Cayman's mid-engine layout, combined with its lightweight construction, contributes to its exceptional handling and balance. It offers precise steering, excellent grip, and impressive cornering abilities, making it a joy to drive on both the road and the track.
Inside, the Cayman features a driver-focused cockpit with high-quality materials and modern technology. It offers comfortable and supportive seats, along with advanced infotainment systems and connectivity options.
Overall, the Porsche Cayman is a highly desirable sports car that combines stunning looks, thrilling performance, and exceptional driving dynamics. It is a true enthusiasts' car that delivers an exhilarating driving experience.
2006 - 2016 Porsche Cayman Price Range
The price range of 2006 - 2016 Porsche Cayman based on Porsche Cayman listings for sale on Ace1Auto website is: $19,999 – $114,995. This range is based on the dealer prices and MSRP of new and used Porsche Cayman models from various trim levels, colors, and options. The average price of a Porsche Cayman near you is $50,196. The Porsche Cayman is a two-seat sports car known for its exceptional handling and performance.
2006 - 2016 Porsche Cayman Price Range: $19,999 to $114,995
Explore 2006 - 2016 Porsche Cayman listed for sale near you on Ace1Auto.
Models, Generations, Redesigns
- Porsche Cayman (First Generation)
- The first-generation Porsche Cayman was introduced in 2005 as a two-seater coupe based on the Porsche Boxster platform.
- It featured a mid-engine layout and a sleek, compact design.
- The Cayman was initially offered with a 2.7-liter flat-six engine producing 245 horsepower, but later versions also offered more powerful engines, such as a 3.4-liter flat-six engine producing 295 horsepower.
- It came standard with a six-speed manual transmission and optional Porsche's PDK dual-clutch transmission.
- Porsche Cayman (Second Generation)
- The second-generation Porsche Cayman was introduced in 2012 and featured updated styling and improved performance.
- It featured a more aggressive front-end design with larger air intakes and redesigned headlights.
- The interior received a significant upgrade with better materials and improved ergonomics.
- The engine options were similar to the first generation, but with increased power outputs. The base model had a 2.7-liter flat-six engine producing 275 horsepower, while the Cayman S had a 3.4-liter flat-six engine producing 325 horsepower.
- The second-generation Cayman also introduced the Cayman R, which was a track-focused variant with reduced weight and increased performance.
- Porsche 718 Cayman (Third Generation)
- In 2016, Porsche introduced the third generation of the Cayman, which was renamed the Porsche 718 Cayman.
- The biggest change was the switch from naturally aspirated flat-six engines to turbocharged flat-four engines.
- The base model was powered by a 2.0-liter turbocharged flat-four engine producing 300 horsepower, while the Cayman S had a 2.5-liter turbocharged flat-four engine producing 350 horsepower.
- The 718 Cayman received updated styling with revised front and rear bumpers, new headlights, and redesigned taillights.
- The interior featured updated technology and improved connectivity options.
- Future Redesigns and Models
- Porsche is known for continually updating and refining its models, so it is likely that the Cayman will receive future redesigns.
- One possibility is the introduction of hybrid or fully electric powertrains to the Cayman lineup, as Porsche has been expanding its electric vehicle offerings with models like the Taycan.
- Another possibility is the introduction of higher-performance variants, such as a Cayman GT4 RS, which could feature additional aerodynamic enhancements and track-focused performance upgrades.
- Porsche may also continue to improve the interior technology and connectivity options in future generations.
Porsche Cayman Price Range By Years
Porsche Cayman Gallery
Engine, Transmission, and Performance
The Porsche Cayman is known for its outstanding performance and handling capabilities, thanks to its mid-engine layout and high-performance components.
Engine: The current generation of the Porsche Cayman is offered with two engine options:
Cayman: The base Cayman is equipped with a 2.0-liter turbocharged inline-4 engine that produces 300 horsepower and 280 lb-ft of torque.
Cayman S: The Cayman S features a 2.5-liter turbocharged inline-4 engine that generates 350 horsepower and 309 lb-ft of torque.
Transmission: Both the base Cayman and the Cayman S come standard with a 6-speed manual transmission, providing enthusiasts with a direct and engaging driving experience. However, a 7-speed PDK (dual-clutch automatic) transmission is available as an option for those who prefer the convenience of an automatic.
Performance: The performance of the Porsche Cayman is exceptional, thanks to its lightweight construction and potent engines. Here are the key performance figures for the current generation Cayman models:
- 0-60 mph: 4.9 seconds (with manual transmission) / 4.5 seconds (with PDK transmission)
- Top Speed: 170 mph (estimated)
- Cayman S:
- 0-60 mph: 4.4 seconds (with manual transmission) / 4.0 seconds (with PDK transmission)
- Top Speed: 177 mph (estimated)
The Cayman also features excellent handling dynamics, thanks to its mid-engine layout, well-balanced chassis, and precise steering. The available Porsche Torque Vectoring (PTV) system enhances the Cayman's agility by applying brake force individually to the inside rear wheel during cornering, improving cornering stability and minimizing understeer.
Overall, the Porsche Cayman offers a thrilling driving experience with its powerful engines, precise transmissions, and exceptional handling capabilities.
Fuel Economy, True MPG
The fuel economy of a Porsche Cayman varies depending on the model and year. However, on average, a Porsche Cayman can achieve an MPG (miles per gallon) of around 20-25 in city driving and 28-32 on the highway. It is important to note that factors such as driving style, terrain, and road conditions can influence the actual MPG achieved in real-world driving.
Interior, Exterior, Comfort
The interior of the Porsche Cayman is designed with a focus on sportiness and luxury. It features a driver-centric layout with a high center console that angles towards the driver, giving them easy access to controls. The materials used in the cabin are of high quality, with leather upholstery and aluminum trim accents.
The Cayman also offers a comfortable seating position and supportive seats, providing a good balance of comfort and sportiness. The front seats are highly adjustable, allowing drivers to find the perfect position. There is also ample headroom and legroom for both the driver and passenger.
In terms of technology, the Cayman comes equipped with a touchscreen infotainment system that is user-friendly and intuitive to use. It offers Apple CarPlay integration, Bluetooth connectivity, and a navigation system. Other available features include a premium audio system, a rearview camera, and adaptive cruise control.
On the exterior, the Cayman has a sleek and aerodynamic design, with distinctive Porsche styling cues. It features a low and wide stance, with a curvaceous body and a sloping roofline. The front end is dominated by large air intakes and LED headlights, giving it a sporty and aggressive look. The rear end is characterized by a sculpted diffuser and dual exhaust pipes.
The Cayman also offers excellent handling and performance, thanks to its mid-engine layout and precise steering. It provides a thrilling driving experience, with sharp cornering abilities and minimal body roll. The suspension is tuned for sportiness, but it still offers a comfortable ride for daily driving.
Overall, the Porsche Cayman delivers a combination of luxury, comfort, and sportiness. It offers a driver-centric interior, comfortable seating, and a high level of technology. On the exterior, it has a sleek and aerodynamic design that exudes sportiness. Combined with its excellent handling and performance, the Cayman is a true driver's car.
Infotainment and Connectivity
The Porsche Cayman comes equipped with a range of infotainment and connectivity features to enhance the driving experience.
One of the key features is the Porsche Communication Management (PCM) system, which includes a 7-inch touchscreen display. The PCM system provides access to a variety of functions, including navigation, audio controls, Bluetooth connectivity for hands-free calling and music streaming, and smartphone integration.
The Cayman also includes a standard audio system, which can be upgraded to a premium Bose surround sound system for better audio quality. The sound system includes AM/FM/CD radio, as well as USB and auxiliary input ports for connecting external devices.
In terms of connectivity, the Cayman offers both Apple CarPlay and Android Auto integration, allowing drivers to seamlessly connect and control their smartphones through the PCM system. This enables access to apps, phone calls, messages, and music directly from the touchscreen or voice commands.
Additional connectivity features include Wi-Fi connectivity, which enables passengers to connect to the internet and access various online services such as streaming music or browsing the web. The Cayman also includes Porsche Connect, a subscription-based service that provides additional features such as real-time traffic information, online navigation, and remote vehicle control through a smartphone app.
For added convenience, the Cayman offers several optional features, such as a wireless charging pad for compatible smartphones, and a rear-seat entertainment system with dual screens for rear passengers.
Overall, the infotainment and connectivity features of the Porsche Cayman provide a modern and connected driving experience, allowing drivers and passengers to stay connected and entertained on the road.
Safety and Driver-Assistance Features
The Porsche Cayman is a high-performance sports car that offers a range of safety and driver-assistance features to ensure a safe and enjoyable driving experience. Some of the notable features include:
Porsche Stability Management (PSM): PSM is a dynamic stability control system that helps maintain stability on the road by applying selective braking to individual wheels and adjusting engine power. It also includes a traction control system to prevent wheel slip.
Anti-lock Braking System (ABS): ABS helps prevent wheel lock-up during braking by pulsing the brakes at a rapid rate. This allows the driver to maintain steering control while stopping.
Electronic Stability Control (ESC): ESC monitors the vehicle's lateral movement and compares it to the driver's intended direction. If the car begins to skid or lose control, ESC can apply braking force to individual wheels to help regain stability.
Brake Assist (BA): BA detects emergency braking situations and automatically applies maximum brake force to help reduce stopping distances.
Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC): This system uses radar sensors to maintain a safe and constant distance from the vehicle ahead. It can automatically adjust the vehicle's speed and even bring it to a complete stop if necessary.
Lane Keep Assist (LKA): LKA uses a camera to detect lane markings and provides steering interventions to help keep the vehicle centered in its lane. It can also provide warnings if the vehicle drifts out of its lane without signaling.
ParkAssist: This system uses sensors to help the driver maneuver into parking spaces. It provides audio and visual warnings if the vehicle is getting too close to an obstacle.
Rearview Camera: A rearview camera is standard on the Cayman, providing a clear view of the area behind the vehicle to assist with backing up and parking.
Airbags: The Cayman is equipped with front-impact, side-impact, and overhead airbags to protect occupants in the event of a collision.
Overall, the Porsche Cayman offers a comprehensive suite of safety and driver-assistance features to enhance the driving experience and provide peace of mind on the road.
Porsche CoupesView All
Porsche Cayman for saleView all
Cars & Trucks Reviews
Unlock the best Cars & Trucks Reviews: expert insights, trends, and top-rated models. Make informed decisions and find your perfect vehicle. Stay ahead in the automotive world.