2006 - 2023 Nissan Sentra
The Nissan Sentra is a compact car that has been in production since 1982. It is currently in its eighth generation of production. The Sentra is known for its reliability, fuel efficiency, and affordable price point.
The exterior design of the Sentra is sleek and modern, with a bold front grille and distinctive headlights. It has a compact size, making it easy to maneuver in tight spaces, while still providing a comfortable interior for passengers.
Inside, the Sentra offers a spacious and well-designed cabin. It seats five people, with ample legroom and headroom in both the front and back seats. The seats are comfortable and supportive, making long drives more enjoyable. The trunk is also generously sized, providing ample room for luggage or groceries.
The Sentra comes equipped with a range of features and technology to enhance the driving experience. Depending on the trim level, it may include features such as a touchscreen infotainment system, Bluetooth connectivity, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto integration, a rearview camera, and advanced safety features like blind-spot monitoring and automatic emergency braking.
Under the hood, the Sentra typically comes with a 1.8-liter four-cylinder engine, although higher trim levels may offer a more powerful turbocharged engine. The standard engine provides adequate power for everyday driving, while also delivering impressive fuel efficiency.
Overall, the Nissan Sentra is a reliable and affordable compact car option. It combines practicality, comfort, and technology to make it a popular choice among buyers in the compact car segment.
2006 - 2023 Nissan Sentra Price Range
The price range of 2006 - 2023 Nissan Sentra based on Nissan Sentra listings for sale on Ace1Auto website is: $5,988 – $29,070. This range is based on the dealer prices and MSRP of new and used Nissan Sentra models from various trim levels, colors, and options. The average price of a Nissan Sentra near you is $17,549. The Nissan Sentra is a compact car designed for everyday commuting.
2006 - 2023 Nissan Sentra Price Range: $5,988 to $29,070
Explore 2006 - 2023 Nissan Sentra listed for sale near you on Ace1Auto.
Models, Generations, Redesigns
The Nissan Sentra has undergone several generations, redesigns, and updates since its initial launch in 1982. Here are the major milestones of the Nissan Sentra:
First Generation (1982-1986):
- The first-generation Sentra was introduced in 1982 as a compact sedan.
- It featured a boxy and angular design with a front-engine, rear-wheel-drive layout.
- Engine options included a 1.5-liter, 1.6-liter, and later a 1.7-liter four-cylinder engine.
- The first-generation Sentra was known for its reliability and fuel efficiency.
Second Generation (1987-1991):
- The second-generation Sentra was introduced in 1987 and featured a more aerodynamic design with smoother lines.
- It offered improved interior space and upgraded technology features.
- The engine options included a 1.6-liter, 1.7-liter, and later a 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine.
- This generation also included the sportier Sentra SE-R variant, which gained a reputation for its performance and handling.
Third Generation (1991-1994):
- The third-generation Sentra, also known as the B13 model, was introduced in 1991.
- It featured a more rounded and modern design, with improved aerodynamics.
- The engine options included a 1.6-liter, 2.0-liter, and later a 1.8-liter four-cylinder engine.
- This generation also included the Sentra SE-R variant, which continued to be praised for its performance and handling.
Fourth Generation (1995-1999):
- The fourth-generation Sentra, also known as the B14 model, was introduced in 1995.
- It featured a more rounded and contemporary design, with updated technology features.
- Engine options included a 1.6-liter, 2.0-liter, and later a 1.8-liter four-cylinder engine.
- This generation also included the Sentra SE-R variant, which received a larger 2.0-liter engine and further improvements to its performance and handling.
Fifth Generation (2000-2006):
- The fifth-generation Sentra, also known as the B15 model, was introduced in 2000.
- It featured a more angular and aggressive design, with updated exterior and interior styling.
- The engine options included a 1.8-liter and later a larger 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine.
- This generation also included the Sentra SE-R and SE-R Spec V variants, which offered enhanced performance and handling.
Sixth Generation (2007-2012):
- The sixth-generation Sentra, also known as the B16 model, was introduced in 2007.
- It featured a sleeker and more streamlined design, with improved fuel efficiency.
- Engine options included a 2.0-liter and later a 2.5-liter four-cylinder engine.
- This generation also included the Sentra SE-R and SE-R Spec V variants, which offered further improvements to performance and handling.
Seventh Generation (2013-2019):
- The seventh-generation Sentra, also known as the B17 model, was introduced in 2013.
- It featured a more refined and upscale design, with improved technology and safety features.
- Engine options included a 1.8-liter and later a 1.6-liter turbocharged four-cylinder engine.
- This generation also included a NISMO variant, which offered sportier styling and performance enhancements.
Eighth Generation (2020-Present):
- The eighth-generation Sentra, also known as the B18 model, was introduced in 2020.
- It features a more premium and expressive design, with updated technology and safety features.
- The engine option is a 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine.
- This generation also includes the Sentra SR Turbo variant, which offers a higher-performance turbocharged engine.
Nissan Sentra Price Range By Years
Engine, Transmission, and Performance
The Nissan Sentra comes standard with a 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine that produces 149 horsepower and 146 lb-ft of torque. This engine is paired with a continuously variable transmission (CVT) and front-wheel drive.
The Sentra's performance is adequate for daily commuting and highway cruising. It accelerates smoothly and offers decent passing power. However, it is not the most powerful or sporty option in its class.
The Sentra's CVT is well-tuned and delivers smooth and predictable shifts. It also helps the car achieve good fuel efficiency, with an EPA-estimated rating of 29 mpg in the city and 39 mpg on the highway.
Overall, the Nissan Sentra provides a comfortable and relaxed driving experience. Its suspension is tuned for comfort, and the car feels composed over bumps and rough pavement. The steering is light and responsive, although it lacks the sporty feel and feedback of some rivals.
Fuel Economy, True MPG
The fuel economy of a Nissan Sentra varies depending on the year, engine type, and driving conditions. On average, the Nissan Sentra has a fuel economy of around 29-32 MPG in combined city and highway driving. Some older models or models with larger engines may have lower gas mileage, while newer models or models with smaller engines may have better fuel economy.
Interior, Exterior, Comfort
The interior of the Nissan Sentra is designed with comfort and style in mind. The seats are comfortable and supportive, providing a comfortable driving experience. The cabin is spacious, offering plenty of headroom and legroom for both the driver and passengers. The materials used in the interior are of high quality, giving the car a luxurious feel.
The exterior of the Nissan Sentra is sleek and stylish. It features a modern design with clean lines and smooth curves. The car has a low-slung profile, giving it a sporty and aerodynamic look. The headlights and taillights are designed with LED technology, providing bright and clear illumination.
In terms of comfort, the Nissan Sentra offers a range of features to enhance the driving experience. The car comes with a dual-zone automatic climate control system, allowing both the driver and passengers to adjust the temperature to their liking. The car also has a Rearview Monitor system, which provides a clear view of the area behind the car when reversing. The Sentra also comes with an advanced audio system, allowing for an immersive music experience while on the road.
Overall, the Nissan Sentra provides a comfortable and stylish driving experience both inside and out. Its spacious interior, sleek exterior design, and range of comfort features make it a popular choice among drivers.
Infotainment and Connectivity
The Nissan Sentra comes with a range of infotainment and connectivity features to enhance the overall driving experience. Here are some of the notable features:
NissanConnect infotainment system: The Sentra is equipped with Nissan's advanced infotainment system, allowing drivers to stay connected and entertained on the go. The system features a 7-inch touchscreen display and integrates with compatible smartphones through Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
Bluetooth connectivity: The Sentra enables hands-free phone calls and audio streaming through Bluetooth technology. Drivers can easily connect their devices and access their phone contacts, messages, and music library through the audio system.
USB ports: The Sentra is equipped with multiple USB ports, allowing passengers to charge their devices and connect them to the infotainment system for media playback.
SiriusXM satellite radio: The Sentra offers SiriusXM satellite radio, providing access to a wide range of music, sports, news, and entertainment channels. Subscribers can enjoy uninterrupted content throughout their journey.
Voice recognition: The Sentra features voice recognition technology, enabling drivers to use voice commands to control various functions of the infotainment system. This allows for safer and more convenient operation while on the road.
Available Wi-Fi hotspot: With available Wi-Fi connectivity, the Sentra turns into a mobile hotspot, providing internet access to passengers and their devices. This feature is particularly useful for long drives or when traveling with multiple people.
NissanConnect Services: The Sentra offers NissanConnect Services, a suite of connected services that provide remote access and control of the vehicle. This includes features like remote engine start/stop, remote door lock/unlock, and vehicle location tracking through a smartphone app.
Overall, the Nissan Sentra offers a range of infotainment and connectivity features that cater to the tech-savvy driver's needs, ensuring a connected and enjoyable driving experience.
Safety and Driver-Assistance Features
The Nissan Sentra is equipped with a variety of safety and driver-assistance features designed to help keep the driver and passengers safe on the road. These features include:
Nissan Safety Shield 360: This comprehensive suite of safety technologies includes features such as automatic emergency braking with pedestrian detection, blind spot warning, rear cross traffic alert, lane departure warning, high beam assist, and rear automatic braking.
Intelligent Forward Collision Warning: This feature uses radar technology to monitor the distance and speed of the vehicle in front of the Sentra. If the system detects a potential frontal collision, it will alert the driver with visual and audible warnings.
Intelligent Emergency Braking: This feature works in conjunction with the Forward Collision Warning system to automatically apply the brakes if a potential frontal collision is detected and the driver fails to respond in time.
Intelligent Cruise Control: This adaptive cruise control system uses radar technology to maintain a set distance from the vehicle ahead. It can automatically adjust the speed of the Sentra to maintain a safe following distance, making highway driving less fatiguing.
Rearview Monitor: The Sentra comes standard with a rearview camera that provides a live video feed of the area behind the vehicle, helping the driver to maneuver in reverse and avoid obstacles.
Tire Pressure Monitoring System: This system continually monitors the pressure of each tire and alerts the driver if the pressure drops below the recommended level. This helps to reduce the risk of a tire blowout and improves overall vehicle safety.
Vehicle Dynamic Control (VDC): This electronic stability control system helps to maintain traction and stability during cornering or evasive maneuvers by selectively applying the brakes and adjusting engine torque.
Anti-lock Braking System (ABS): The ABS helps to prevent the wheels from locking up during hard braking, allowing the driver to maintain steering control and avoid obstacles.
Electronic Brake Force Distribution (EBD): This system automatically balances the braking force between the front and rear wheels, optimizing braking performance and stability.
Brake Assist: This system senses emergency braking situations and automatically applies maximum braking force to help the driver stop the vehicle in the shortest distance possible.
Overall, the Nissan Sentra offers a comprehensive range of safety and driver-assistance features to help protect the driver and passengers in a variety of driving situations.
Nissan SedansView All
Nissan Sentra for saleView all
Cars & Trucks Reviews
Unlock the best Cars & Trucks Reviews: expert insights, trends, and top-rated models. Make informed decisions and find your perfect vehicle. Stay ahead in the automotive world.