2012 - 2013 McLaren MP4-12C
The McLaren MP4-12C is a high-performance sports car produced by the British automobile manufacturer McLaren Automotive. Introduced in 2011, it was the first production car wholly designed and manufactured by McLaren since the legendary McLaren F1, which was produced from 1992 to 1998.
The MP4-12C was built with a lightweight carbon fiber chassis, known as the MonoCell, which provided exceptional strength and rigidity while keeping weight to a minimum. This advanced construction allowed the car to have impressive handling capabilities and enhanced performance.
Under the hood, the MP4-12C was powered by a twin-turbocharged 3.8-liter V8 engine developed in-house by McLaren. This engine produced around 616 horsepower and 442 lb-ft of torque, allowing the car to accelerate from 0 to 60 mph in just under three seconds and achieve a top speed of around 207 mph.
The MP4-12C featured a seven-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission that sent power to the rear wheels. The car also had various driving modes, including Normal, Sport, and Track, which would adjust the suspension, throttle response, and transmission settings to suit the driver's preferences.
In terms of design, the MP4-12C had a sleek and aerodynamic appearance with a low-slung body and distinctive butterfly doors. The interior was driver-focused, with a minimalist yet luxurious cabin, featuring high-quality materials and advanced technology.
Throughout its production run, the MP4-12C underwent several updates, including the introduction of the Spider variant with a retractable hardtop roof and improved performance with the release of the 650S model.
Overall, the McLaren MP4-12C was a significant milestone for McLaren Automotive, showcasing the company's engineering prowess and dedication to producing high-performance sports cars. It offered a thrilling driving experience, innovative technology, and stunning aesthetics, making it a desirable choice for enthusiasts and collectors alike.
2012 - 2013 McLaren MP4-12C Price Range
The price range of 2012 - 2013 McLaren MP4-12C based on McLaren MP4-12C listings for sale on Ace1Auto website is: $115,000 – $119,000. This range is based on the dealer prices and MSRP of new and used McLaren MP4-12C models from various trim levels, colors, and options. The average price of a McLaren MP4-12C near you is $117,000. The McLaren MP4-12C is a high-performance, mid-engine supercar that combines precision engineering with sleek design.
2012 - 2013 McLaren MP4-12C Price Range: $115,000 to $119,000
Explore 2012 - 2013 McLaren MP4-12C listed for sale near you on Ace1Auto.
Models, Generations, Redesigns
The McLaren MP4-12C is a mid-engine sports car that was produced by British automobile manufacturer McLaren Automotive from 2011 to 2014. It was the first production car wholly designed and built by McLaren since the McLaren F1.
- McLaren MP4-12C (2011-2014):
- The original MP4-12C featured a sleek and aerodynamic design with a carbon fiber composite body. It was powered by a 3.8-liter twin-turbocharged V8 engine producing 592 horsepower and 443 lb-ft of torque. It featured a seven-speed SSG dual-clutch transmission.
- McLaren MP4-12C GT3 (2011-present):
- The MP4-12C GT3 is a racing version of the MP4-12C designed for competition in the GT3 category. It features a more aggressive aerodynamic package, including a larger rear wing and front splitter. The engine retains the same 3.8-liter V8 but is tuned to produce around 500 horsepower.
- McLaren 12C Spider (2012-2014):
- The 12C Spider is the convertible variant of the MP4-12C. It retains the same powertrain as the coupe but adds a retractable hardtop roof. The Spider also features modified suspension settings to compensate for the loss of rigidity due to the roof removal.
- McLaren 650S (2014-2017):
- The 650S was introduced as a replacement for the MP4-12C. It featured updated styling, including a new front fascia inspired by the P1 hypercar. The 3.8-liter V8 engine was also revised to produce 641 horsepower and 500 lb-ft of torque. The 650S offered improved performance and handling compared to its predecessor.
- McLaren 675LT (2015-2016):
- The 675LT was a high-performance variant of the 650S. It featured a more powerful version of the 3.8-liter V8 engine, producing 666 horsepower and 516 lb-ft of torque. The 675LT also had a lightweight carbon fiber body and various aerodynamic enhancements for increased downforce and improved handling.
- McLaren 570S (2015-present):
- The 570S was introduced as an entry-level model in McLaren's Sports Series lineup. It featured a detuned version of the 3.8-liter V8 engine, producing 562 horsepower and 443 lb-ft of torque. The 570S offered a more accessible and comfortable driving experience compared to the higher-performance models.
- McLaren 720S (2017-present):
- The 720S replaced the 650S as McLaren's new Super Series flagship model. It featured a completely redesigned body with aerodynamic features integrated into the design, such as hidden ducts and channels. The 720S was powered by a 4.0-liter twin-turbocharged V8 engine, producing 710 horsepower and 568 lb-ft of torque.
- McLaren 570S Spider (2017-present):
- The 570S Spider is the convertible variant of the 570S. It shares the same powertrain and performance as the coupe but adds a retractable hardtop roof. The Spider offers open-top driving experience with minimal compromises in performance and handling.
- McLaren 600LT (2018-present):
- The 600LT is a higher-performance variant of the 570S, inspired by the 675LT. It features a more powerful version of the 3.8-liter V8 engine, producing 592 horsepower and 457 lb-ft of torque. The 600LT also has a lightweight carbon fiber body and various aerodynamic enhancements for improved performance and handling.
McLaren MP4-12C Price Range By Years
Engine, Transmission, and Performance
The McLaren MP4-12C is powered by a 3.8-liter twin-turbocharged V8 engine that produces 592 horsepower and 443 lb-ft of torque. It is mated to a seven-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission.
The MP4-12C is equipped with rear-wheel drive and comes with a variety of performance features, including launch control, a limited-slip differential, and a hydraulic suspension system. It also has a brake steer system, which helps to improve stability during cornering.
With this powertrain, the McLaren MP4-12C is capable of reaching a top speed of around 207 mph (333 km/h) and accelerating from 0 to 60 mph (0 to 97 km/h) in just 3.2 seconds. It also has impressive handling capabilities, thanks to its lightweight construction and advanced aerodynamics.
Overall, the McLaren MP4-12C offers exhilarating performance and a thrilling driving experience, making it a formidable competitor in the supercar segment.
Fuel Economy, True MPG
The McLaren MP4-12C has a fuel economy of approximately 16 miles per gallon (MPG) in the city and 22 MPG on the highway.
Interior, Exterior, Comfort
The interior of the McLaren MP4-12C is designed with a focus on driver comfort and functionality. The cockpit is ergonomic, with controls and displays placed within easy reach and sight of the driver. The seats are supportive and adjustable, allowing for a comfortable driving position.
The materials used in the interior are of high quality, with soft leather upholstery and carbon fiber accents. The overall design is sleek and modern, with a minimalistic approach to styling. This creates a clean and uncluttered look that is both visually appealing and functional.
In terms of exterior design, the McLaren MP4-12C is a stunning supercar. It has a low, wide stance and aerodynamic lines that give it an aggressive and dynamic appearance. The carbon fiber body panels not only enhance the car's performance but also add to its visual appeal.
The MP4-12C features scissor doors, adding to the car's exotic and futuristic look. The car is available in a range of eye-catching colors, allowing buyers to customize the car to their own personal taste.
In terms of comfort, the McLaren MP4-12C offers a smooth and controlled ride. The car's suspension system is adjustable, allowing drivers to customize the ride to their desired level of comfort or performance. The cabin is well-insulated, reducing road and wind noise, and the seats are supportive and comfortable even during long journeys.
Overall, the McLaren MP4-12C offers a luxurious and comfortable driving experience combined with stunning exterior design. Its attention to detail and focus on driver comfort and performance make it a standout choice in the supercar category.
Infotainment and Connectivity
The McLaren MP4-12C is a high-performance sports car known for its incredible speed and agility. But it also offers a range of infotainment and connectivity features to enhance the driving experience.
One of the standout features of the MP4-12C is its advanced infotainment system. It includes a 7-inch touchscreen display in the center console that allows for easy access to a range of functions. This includes satellite navigation, Bluetooth connectivity for phone and audio streaming, and a premium audio system.
The satellite navigation system is highly detailed and provides real-time traffic updates to help navigate through congested areas. It also includes voice control, so drivers can keep their hands on the wheel and their attention on the road.
The Bluetooth connectivity allows for easy pairing of smartphones, allowing drivers to make hands-free calls and stream music directly from their devices. The system also includes a USB port and auxiliary input for connecting external devices.
In addition to the infotainment system, the MP4-12C also offers a range of other connectivity features. These include a built-in Wi-Fi hotspot, which allows passengers to connect their devices to the internet while on the go. There are also multiple USB charging ports throughout the car, ensuring that everyone's devices stay powered up during long journeys.
Overall, the infotainment and connectivity features of the McLaren MP4-12C provide a high-tech and enjoyable driving experience. Whether it's using the satellite navigation system to navigate to a destination, streaming music from a smartphone, or connecting to the internet, the MP4-12C has all the features needed to keep drivers and passengers entertained and connected.
Safety and Driver-Assistance Features
The McLaren MP4-12C is a high-performance sports car that comes equipped with several safety and driver-assistance features to ensure a safe and enjoyable driving experience. Some of these features include:
Anti-lock Braking System (ABS): The ABS system helps prevent wheel lock-up during hard braking, allowing the driver to maintain steering control and avoid potential accidents.
Traction Control: The traction control system helps prevent wheel spin and allows for better acceleration and cornering grip on slippery surfaces.
Electronic Stability Control (ESC): The ESC system helps maintain vehicle stability by automatically applying individual brakes and reducing engine power to help the driver regain control in the event of a skid or loss of traction.
Carbon Ceramic Brakes: The MP4-12C is equipped with lightweight carbon ceramic brakes that provide excellent stopping power and heat management, ensuring consistent performance even under intense driving conditions.
Airbags: The car is equipped with front and side airbags for the driver and passenger, providing additional protection in the event of a collision.
Park Assist: The Park Assist feature uses sensors to help the driver maneuver the car into tight parking spaces by providing audible and visual warnings of objects in the vehicle's path.
Rearview Camera: The rearview camera provides a clear view of the area behind the vehicle, making it easier for the driver to reverse and park safely.
Adaptive Headlights: The adaptive headlights automatically adjust the direction and intensity of the light beam based on the vehicle's speed and steering input, providing optimum visibility during nighttime driving.
Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS): The TPMS continuously monitors the air pressure in each tire and alerts the driver if any tire is underinflated, reducing the risk of a blowout or loss of control.
Rain-Sensing Wipers: The rain-sensing wipers automatically activate when rain is detected, adjusting their speed to match the intensity of the rainfall for improved visibility.
Overall, the McLaren MP4-12C is well-equipped with advanced safety and driver-assistance features to ensure a safe and secure driving experience, even at high speeds.
McLaren CoupesView All
Cars & Trucks Reviews
Unlock the best Cars & Trucks Reviews: expert insights, trends, and top-rated models. Make informed decisions and find your perfect vehicle. Stay ahead in the automotive world.