2009 - 2019 Ford Flex
The Ford Flex is a mid-size SUV that offers a spacious and versatile interior, comfortable seating for up to seven passengers, and a unique boxy design. It was first introduced in 2009 and has since gained a loyal following for its combination of practicality, comfort, and style.
One of the standout features of the Ford Flex is its spaciousness. It offers ample headroom and legroom for all passengers, and the second and third-row seats can be easily folded down for added cargo space. The Flex also offers a low load floor, making it easy to load and unload items.
In terms of performance, the Flex offers a choice of engine options. The standard engine is a 3.5-liter V6 that produces 287 horsepower, while a turbocharged 3.5-liter V6 is available for those seeking more power. Both engines are mated to a six-speed automatic transmission, and front-wheel drive comes standard, with all-wheel drive available as an option.
The Ford Flex also offers a range of technology features. These include an infotainment system with smartphone integration, Bluetooth connectivity, and available features such as a navigation system, a rear-seat entertainment system, and a premium sound system. Safety features include a rearview camera, blind-spot monitoring, adaptive cruise control, and collision warning with brake support.
In terms of style, the Ford Flex stands out from other SUVs with its boxy shape and distinctive grille. It offers a bold and unique look that sets it apart from more traditional SUV designs. The interior is also well-designed, with high-quality materials and a modern aesthetic.
Overall, the Ford Flex is a practical and versatile mid-size SUV that offers a comfortable ride, plenty of cargo space, and a distinctive design. It is a popular choice for families and individuals who prioritize space and comfort in their vehicle.
2009 - 2019 Ford Flex Price Range
The price range of 2009 - 2019 Ford Flex based on Ford Flex listings for sale on Ace1Auto website is: $7,990 – $32,490. This range is based on the dealer prices and MSRP of new and used Ford Flex models from various trim levels, colors, and options. The average price of a Ford Flex near you is $19,592. The Ford Flex is a full-size crossover SUV with a distinctive boxy shape and seating for up to seven passengers.
2009 - 2019 Ford Flex Price Range: $7,990 to $32,490
Explore 2009 - 2019 Ford Flex listed for sale near you on Ace1Auto.
Models, Generations, Redesigns
The Ford Flex has gone through several generations and redesigns since its introduction in 2008. Here is an overview of the different models and changes made to the Ford Flex:
1st Generation (2008-2012):
- The first-generation Ford Flex was introduced in 2008 as a full-size SUV.
- It featured a unique boxy and squared-off design, similar to a classic station wagon.
- The first-generation models offered three trim levels: SE, SEL, and Limited.
- It came with seating for up to seven passengers and was powered by a 3.5-liter V6 engine.
2nd Generation (2013-2019):
- The second-generation Ford Flex was launched in 2013 with a refreshed exterior and interior design.
- The exterior received minor updates, including a redesigned front grille, headlights, and taillights.
- The interior featured upgraded materials and technological features, such as a touchscreen infotainment system.
- The second-generation Flex offered a range of engine options, including a more powerful 3.5-liter EcoBoost V6 engine.
- The Ford Flex has not received a full redesign since the second generation. However, it is worth noting that Ford has announced that the Flex will be discontinued after the 2020 model year.
- The 2020 Flex retains the same exterior and interior design as the second generation but may have minor updates or changes in available features.
- The 2020 Flex is still available in three trim levels: SE, SEL, and Limited, with seating for up to seven passengers.
Ford Flex Price Range By Years
Engine, Transmission, and Performance
The Ford Flex comes with a standard 3.5-liter V6 engine that produces 287 horsepower and 254 lb-ft of torque. There is also an available turbocharged 3.5-liter V6 engine that delivers 365 horsepower and 350 lb-ft of torque in the performance-oriented Flex Limited trim.
Both engines are mated to a six-speed automatic transmission that sends power to the front wheels. All-wheel drive is available as an option for those who want additional traction.
In terms of performance, the base V6 engine provides sufficient power for most driving situations. The turbocharged V6 engine, on the other hand, delivers strong acceleration and a more engaging driving experience.
The Ford Flex has a comfortable ride quality, thanks to its long wheelbase and independent suspension. Its handling is surprisingly nimble for a large SUV, with responsive steering and minimal body roll in corners.
As for towing capability, the Ford Flex with the base V6 engine has a maximum towing capacity of 2,000 pounds. The turbocharged V6 engine increases the towing capacity to 4,500 pounds when properly equipped.
Fuel Economy, True MPG
The fuel economy of the Ford Flex varies depending on the model and engine. Here are the average MPG ratings for the different engine options:
- 3.5L V6 engine:
- Front-Wheel Drive (FWD): 16 MPG city/23 MPG highway
- All-Wheel Drive (AWD): 16 MPG city/22 MPG highway
- 3.5L EcoBoost V6 engine:
- All-Wheel Drive (AWD): 15 MPG city/21 MPG highway
- 3.5L EcoBoost V6 engine:
- All-Wheel Drive (AWD): 16 MPG city/22 MPG highway
Please note that these are estimated MPG ratings and actual fuel economy may vary based on driving conditions and individual driving habits.
Interior, Exterior, Comfort
- The Ford Flex offers a spacious and comfortable interior with three rows of seating that can accommodate up to seven passengers.
- The cabin is well-designed and features high-quality materials, giving it a premium feel.
- The front seats are supportive and offer ample legroom and headroom, while the second-row seats are also comfortable with plenty of space. The third row, however, is better suited for children or smaller adults.
- The Flex offers a number of convenient storage options, including numerous cupholders, storage pockets, and a deep center console.
- The Ford Flex has a unique and distinctive exterior design that sets it apart from other SUVs on the market.
- It features a boxy shape with clean lines and bold styling cues, such as a chrome grille and flared wheel arches.
- The Flex comes standard with 17-inch alloy wheels, but higher trims offer larger wheels options.
- The overall size of the Flex is larger than a typical midsize SUV, but it still maintains a sleek and stylish appearance.
- The Ford Flex offers a smooth and comfortable ride, thanks to its well-tuned suspension system.
- The cabin is quiet, with minimal wind and road noise, allowing for a peaceful driving experience.
- The Flex also features advanced sound insulation, which further enhances the comfort by reducing outside noise.
- The HVAC system in the Flex is effective in maintaining a comfortable temperature throughout the cabin, with separate controls for the front and rear passengers.
- The Flex offers a variety of comfort and convenience features, including available heated and ventilated front seats, a power-adjustable driver's seat, and a multi-zone automatic climate control system.
Infotainment and Connectivity
The Ford Flex offers a wide range of infotainment and connectivity features to keep passengers entertained and connected on the road. Some of the key features include:
SYNC 3: Ford's SYNC 3 is the infotainment system that comes standard in the Flex. It features an 8-inch touchscreen display that allows users to control various functions of the vehicle, including entertainment, navigation, and phone integration. SYNC 3 also supports Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, allowing users to easily connect their smartphones and access their favorite apps and features.
FordPass Connect: FordPass Connect is a feature that provides a Wi-Fi hotspot in the vehicle, allowing passengers to connect their devices and access the internet while on the go. The hotspot can support up to 10 devices at a time, making it convenient for families or groups traveling together.
Entertainment System: The Flex offers an available rear-seat entertainment system that includes dual headrest-mounted screens, wireless headphones, and a DVD player. This system allows passengers in the backseat to watch movies, play games, or listen to music during long drives.
SiriusXM Satellite Radio: The Flex comes with a 6-month subscription to SiriusXM Satellite Radio, offering access to over 150 channels of commercial-free music, sports, news, and entertainment. This allows passengers to enjoy a wide range of content while on the road.
USB Ports and Power Outlets: The Flex offers multiple USB ports throughout the cabin, allowing passengers to charge their devices while on the go. Additionally, the vehicle also offers 110-volt power outlets, which can be used to power laptops, gaming consoles, or other electronics.
Overall, the Ford Flex provides a comprehensive infotainment and connectivity experience, ensuring that passengers stay entertained and connected during their journeys.
Safety and Driver-Assistance Features
The Ford Flex is equipped with a range of safety and driver-assistance features to help protect passengers and prevent accidents. Some of the key features include:
AdvanceTrac with RSC (Roll Stability Control): This system continually monitors vehicle roll motion and helps maintain control during sudden maneuvers or in slippery conditions.
Blind Spot Information System (BLIS) with Cross-Traffic Alert: BLIS alerts the driver when a vehicle is detected in their blind spot, while Cross-Traffic Alert warns of approaching vehicles when reversing out of a parking spot or driveway.
Rearview Camera: The Flex is equipped with a rearview camera that shows the area behind the vehicle on the infotainment screen, helping the driver to avoid obstacles and park more easily.
Adaptive Cruise Control: This system uses radar to detect and maintain a safe distance from the vehicle ahead. It automatically adjusts the vehicle's speed to match traffic flow, making highway driving less stressful.
Lane-Keeping System: Using a camera mounted on the windscreen, this system detects lane markings and helps prevent unintentional drifting by gently applying steering torque to guide the vehicle back into its lane.
Forward Collision Warning with Brake Support: This feature scans the road ahead for potential collisions and alerts the driver with a visual and audible warning. If necessary, Brake Support can precharge the brakes and increase brake pressure to help reduce the severity of a collision.
Tire Pressure Monitoring System: This system continuously monitors the inflation pressure of all four tires and alerts the driver if a tire is significantly underinflated, helping to prevent a blowout or premature tire wear.
MyKey: This programmable feature allows owners to restrict certain vehicle functions, such as maximum speed and audio volume, when other drivers are using the vehicle, such as teenagers or valet drivers.
Curve Control: This feature helps to slow the vehicle down in the event of entering a corner too fast, helping the driver maintain control and prevent accidents.
Enhanced Active Park Assist: This feature helps the driver parallel park or reverse into a perpendicular parking spot. The system uses sensors to measure the size of a parking space and steers the vehicle into the space while the driver controls the accelerator, brake, and gears.
These are just a few of the safety and driver-assistance features available in the Ford Flex. These features help to keep occupants safe and reduce the risk of accidents on the road.
Ford SUVSView All
Ford Flex for saleView all
Cars & Trucks Reviews
Unlock the best Cars & Trucks Reviews: expert insights, trends, and top-rated models. Make informed decisions and find your perfect vehicle. Stay ahead in the automotive world.