2000 - 2009 Ford Crown Victoria
The Ford Crown Victoria is a full-size sedan that was manufactured by Ford from 1992 to 2011. It was part of the Ford Crown Victoria lineup, which also included the Mercury Grand Marquis and the Lincoln Town Car. The Crown Victoria was primarily known for its use as a fleet vehicle, particularly as a police car or taxi.
The Crown Victoria had a traditional, boxy design with a long hood and rear-wheel drive. It featured a spacious interior that could comfortably seat up to six passengers. The vehicle had a smooth and comfortable ride, making it popular among law enforcement agencies and taxi companies.
Under the hood, the Crown Victoria typically came equipped with a V8 engine. The most common engine option was a 4.6-liter V8 that produced around 250 horsepower. It was paired with a four-speed automatic transmission.
In terms of safety, the Crown Victoria was equipped with standard features such as anti-lock brakes, traction control, and front airbags. It also had a sturdy body structure that offered good protection in case of a collision.
One notable feature of the Crown Victoria was its durability. Many models were known to last for hundreds of thousands of miles, making it a reliable choice for fleet operators. However, the Crown Victoria did have its drawbacks, such as its relatively low fuel efficiency and outdated technology compared to more modern sedans.
In 2011, Ford discontinued the Crown Victoria as part of its effort to focus on more fuel-efficient vehicles. It was replaced by the Ford Taurus as the primary police car in the United States. Despite its discontinuation, the Crown Victoria remains a popular choice in the used car market, particularly among buyers looking for a spacious and reliable sedan.
2000 - 2009 Ford Crown Victoria Price Range
The price range of 2000 - 2009 Ford Crown Victoria based on Ford Crown Victoria listings for sale on Ace1Auto website is: $3,991 – $8,995. This range is based on the dealer prices and MSRP of new and used Ford Crown Victoria models from various trim levels, colors, and options. The average price of a Ford Crown Victoria near you is $6,571. The Ford Crown Victoria is a full-size sedan that was discontinued in 2011.
2000 - 2009 Ford Crown Victoria Price Range: $3,991 to $8,995
Explore 2000 - 2009 Ford Crown Victoria listed for sale near you on Ace1Auto.
Models, Generations, Redesigns
The Ford Crown Victoria has gone through several generations and redesigns over the years. Here is a brief overview of the models, generations, and notable changes:
- First Generation (1955-1956):
- Introduced in 1955 as a full-size Ford model.
- Known for its sleek and stylish design with distinct chrome grilles and tailfins.
- Came with various V8 engine options.
- Second Generation (1957-1958):
- Featured a completely redesigned body with a longer frame and wider track.
- Introduced new quad headlights and a more prominent grille design.
- Offered with more powerful engine options.
- Third Generation (1959-1960):
- Featured slimmer and more refined styling compared to the second generation.
- Offered a more luxurious interior with additional features.
- Available with multiple V8 engine options.
- Fourth Generation (1961-1964):
- Introduced a more squared-off design compared to previous generations.
- Offered a range of engines including inline-six and V8 options.
- Known for improved ride quality and better handling.
- Fifth Generation (1965-1966):
- Featured a more streamlined and angular design.
- Offered improved suspension and safety features.
- Offered a range of V8 engine options with increased power output.
- Sixth Generation (1967-1971):
- Introduced a new, more muscular and boxier design.
- Offered improved performance and handling capabilities.
- Came with various engine options including high-performance V8 engines.
- Seventh Generation (1972-1976):
- Featured a larger body with more rounded styling.
- Offered improved fuel efficiency and emissions control.
- Came with various engine options including V8 engines.
- Eighth Generation (1977-1979):
- Introduced a downsized design to meet new fuel economy regulations.
- Featured a more angular and squared-off body.
- Offered improved fuel efficiency and handling.
- Ninth Generation (1980-1989):
- Featured a more aero-inspired design with smoother lines.
- Came with various fuel-injected engine options.
- Offered improved safety features and more advanced technology.
- Tenth Generation (1990-1997):
- Introduced a new, more rounded and streamlined design.
- Featured improved aerodynamics and fuel efficiency.
- Offered advanced safety features and increased interior space.
- Eleventh Generation (1998-2011):
- Featured a modernized design with sleek lines and a more aerodynamic shape.
- Came with a range of V8 engine options, including a powerful Police Interceptor version.
- Offered updated safety features and improved technology.
- Twelfth Generation (rebadged as Crown Victoria Police Interceptor) (1998-2011):
- Essentially the same as the 11th generation Crown Victoria but designed specifically for law enforcement purposes.
- Offered additional features such as enhanced suspension and improved handling.
- Extensively used by police departments across North America.
Please note that these are general highlights and there may be smaller updates and revisions within each generation.
Ford Crown Victoria Price Range By Years
Engine, Transmission, and Performance
The Ford Crown Victoria is equipped with a powerful 4.6-liter V8 engine that produces 224 horsepower and 275 lb-ft of torque. This engine is paired with a four-speed automatic transmission and rear-wheel drive.
In terms of performance, the Crown Victoria is known for its smooth and comfortable ride. The V8 engine provides ample power for acceleration and passing maneuvers. The transmission shifts seamlessly and contributes to the overall smoothness of the driving experience.
The Crown Victoria is not designed to be a high-performance vehicle, but it does offer solid performance for its intended purpose as a full-size sedan. It has good highway cruising capabilities and a comfortable suspension that absorbs road imperfections well.
The handling of the Crown Victoria is predictable and stable, but it is not particularly sporty. The car has a large turning radius, which can make it feel less nimble in tight spaces. However, it does have responsive steering and good brakes.
Overall, the Ford Crown Victoria is a capable and reliable vehicle that offers a comfortable ride and adequate performance for its class.
Fuel Economy, True MPG
The fuel economy of a Ford Crown Victoria depends on several factors, including the engine size, transmission, and driving conditions. On average, the Crown Victoria achieves around 14-17 miles per gallon (MPG) in city driving and 21-25 MPG on the highway.
Interior, Exterior, Comfort
The Ford Crown Victoria is known for its spacious interior, making it a very comfortable sedan. The front and rear seats provide ample legroom and headroom for all passengers. The seats are well-padded and offer good support, making long drives enjoyable.
In terms of the interior design, the Crown Victoria is straightforward and functional. It features a classic dashboard layout with easy-to-read gauges and simple, user-friendly controls. The materials used in the cabin are of decent quality and hold up well over time.
The exterior of the Crown Victoria showcases a traditional, conservative design. It has a boxy shape with a large trunk and wide, tall doors. While it may not be the most stylish or modern-looking sedan, the Crown Victoria's design has a certain classic appeal.
Comfort is a key feature of the Crown Victoria, thanks to its smooth ride and well-insulated cabin. The suspension is tuned for comfort, so it absorbs bumps and road imperfections with ease. The cabin remains quiet and peaceful, even at higher speeds.
In terms of features and amenities, the Crown Victoria is not equipped with the latest technology and luxuries. However, it does come with standard features such as air conditioning, power windows and locks, and a CD player. Higher trims may offer additional upgrades like leather upholstery and a premium audio system.
Overall, the Ford Crown Victoria provides a comfortable and practical driving experience, with a spacious interior and a smooth ride. While it may lack some of the modern amenities found in newer vehicles, it offers a reliable and comfortable option for those who value comfort and simplicity.
Infotainment and Connectivity
The Ford Crown Victoria is a full-size sedan that offers a range of infotainment and connectivity features to enhance the driving experience.
One of the key features of the Crown Victoria's infotainment system is the touchscreen display. This display allows drivers to easily access and control various functions and features of the car, including the audio system, navigation system, and climate control. The display is also compatible with smartphone integration, allowing drivers to access their favorite apps and features from their phone directly through the car's display.
In terms of audio, the Crown Victoria offers a premium sound system that delivers high-quality audio throughout the cabin. The audio system includes features such as AM/FM radio, CD player, and Bluetooth connectivity, allowing drivers to stream music from their phone or other Bluetooth-enabled devices.
For added convenience, the Crown Victoria also offers voice-activated controls. This allows drivers to control various functions of the car, such as making phone calls or changing the radio station, simply by using voice commands. This hands-free feature helps to minimize distractions and keep the driver focused on the road.
In terms of connectivity, the Crown Victoria offers USB ports and auxiliary input jacks, allowing drivers to connect and charge their devices while on the go. The car also offers a Wi-Fi hotspot, providing internet connectivity for passengers and allowing them to stay connected and entertained throughout the journey.
Overall, the Ford Crown Victoria offers a range of infotainment and connectivity features that enhance the driving experience and keep passengers entertained. Whether it's listening to music, navigating to a destination, or staying connected with friends and family, the Crown Victoria has the technology to make every journey enjoyable.
Safety and Driver-Assistance Features
The Ford Crown Victoria is a full-size sedan that was popularly used as a law enforcement vehicle. While it may lack some of the modern safety and driver-assistance features found in newer vehicles, it still offers some basic safety features. Here are some key safety features of the Ford Crown Victoria:
Anti-lock Brake System (ABS): The Crown Victoria is equipped with ABS, which helps prevent the wheels from locking up during emergency braking situations, allowing the driver to maintain steering control.
Traction Control: Traction control helps prevent wheel spin and loss of control during acceleration by modulating the engine power and applying the brakes to the appropriate wheels.
Front and Side Impact Airbags: The Crown Victoria includes front airbags for the driver and front passenger as standard equipment. Some models may also have side impact airbags to provide additional protection in case of a side collision.
Rear Child Safety Locks: The Crown Victoria has rear child safety locks, which can be engaged to prevent children from opening the rear doors from the inside.
Crumple Zones: The Crown Victoria has crumple zones designed to absorb and dissipate energy during a collision, helping to protect the occupants by redirecting forces away from the passenger compartment.
Safety Belt Pretensioners: Pretensioners automatically tighten the front safety belts during a sudden stop or crash, helping to secure the occupants in place and reduce the risk of injury.
Security Package: Some police and fleet versions of the Crown Victoria offer a Security Package, which includes additional safety features such as steel wheel well protectors, a trunk pack, and ballistic door panels to provide enhanced protection for law enforcement officers.
It's important to note that the Ford Crown Victoria, especially older models, may not have some of the advanced safety features available in more recent vehicles, such as lane departure warning, forward collision warning, blind-spot monitoring, or adaptive cruise control. Therefore, drivers should exercise caution and adopt defensive driving techniques to ensure their safety while operating the Crown Victoria.
Ford SedansView All
Ford Crown Victoria for saleView all
Cars & Trucks Reviews
Unlock the best Cars & Trucks Reviews: expert insights, trends, and top-rated models. Make informed decisions and find your perfect vehicle. Stay ahead in the automotive world.